How to Rank a keyword for a Music Website???

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla! 3.x. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! 3.x extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Binod_Barik
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

How to Rank a keyword for a Music Website???

Post by Binod_Barik » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:52 am

Hi Friends,

I want to rank high for a Musical Website. So I want to know in which way I can rank the keywords higher for this site?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Last edited by toivo on Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: topic locked on request

DaveOzric
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: How to Rank a keyword for a Music Website???

Post by DaveOzric » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:46 pm

This is rather vague of a request to give much of an answer. Are you a music school, selling music, or what?

Ranking is typically done with good content, backlinks, traffic, and time.

Dolios
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Dolios » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:50 am

DaveOzric wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:46 pm
This is rather vague of a request to give much of an answer. Are you a music school, selling music, or what?

Ranking is typically done with good content, backlinks, traffic, and time.
Yes this I have to agree with. First priority is content. Secondly try to pick a keyword in your "league". Ranking with a general word can be hard to start with. Try something specific!

seode
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by seode » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:35 am

You can use one solution called benchmarking. You must take one of yours top competitors. Then write his site in this tool -> ubersuggest.com.

Use -> Top SEO keywords

Then you will get all the best SEO keywords of your competitor.

waarnemer
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by waarnemer » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:08 pm

keywords do not make your site rank higher. They are just designators to a search engine to match against your own content. They will still help your indexing a bit but you can do without keywords.. better invest in a proper meta description.

But your best ranking comes from:

relevance...
content is king...
build your site for humans, not machines...

Dolios
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Dolios » Wed May 01, 2019 6:25 am

waarnemer wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:08 pm
keywords do not make your site rank higher. They are just designators to a search engine to match against your own content. They will still help your indexing a bit but you can do without keywords.. better invest in a proper meta description.

But your best ranking comes from:

relevance...
content is king...
build your site for humans, not machines...
Agreed. And whatever you do do not buy backlinks etc. This will just hurt your ranking more than you will gain from it.

carljm
I've been banned!

Post by carljm » Thu May 02, 2019 4:00 pm

You have to build content around that target keyword, this is called topic cluster technique in SEO Content Strategy.

abhipatodi
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by abhipatodi » Wed May 22, 2019 7:13 am

Keywords are not the key point to do the ranking of any site. You have to concentrate and work on your whole website in order to increase your website ranking.
SEO, SMM, backlinking, bookmarking, etc. are the mains.

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Fri May 24, 2019 7:52 am

All of you have to be kidding: show me some place on the internet where anyone can rank a keyword (not just for a music website but for any website)! What kind of nonsense "question" is this? This topic is nothing but a spam magnet! This topic is frequently bombarded by one-time-posting self-proclaimed "SEO experts" who have nothing better to do that flog their snake-oil products.

Also, the OP has only posted two messages (?cross-posting) on the forum—over one month ago—and hasn't engaged with this topic in all that time. Therefore, whatever "answer" has been written here, the problem was obviously not important or the "problem" was fixed.

jasicajames
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jasicajames » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:08 pm

I'd love to say that you must check your competitors website and their keywords as well, then analyze them properly. Keywords are the very essential thing when it comes to SEO of the website. Just make sure that your musical website has good backlinks, good amount of content according to the audience.

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:54 am

This discussion may interest some people. In particular, this topic attracts a lot of what we could call "SEO expert" spam. In other words, this topic is a magnet for all the self-professed SEO "experts" who have no interest in Joomla or in this forum and who only want to flog their products to the naive and gullible.

This topic really doesn't have anything to do with Joomla.

There is no such thing as "ranking" keywords—for a music website, for a photographic studio website, for a LEGO® website or a insert-whatever-you-want-website—and, therefore, continuing the discussion months after it was abandoned by the OP really doesn't serve any useful purpose.

So, I ask the forum moderators to lock this (and similar topics) that "ask" the [nonsense] "question": "How to rank a keyword for insert-whatever-text-you-like-here website?".

Thanks.

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 3.x”