Anybody have "tag" pages that rank well? + anybody doing topic clustering SEO with Joomla?

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla! 3.x. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! 3.x extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
lip420
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Anybody have "tag" pages that rank well? + anybody doing topic clustering SEO with Joomla?

Post by lip420 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:06 am

Been reading about topic clusters and seo. I've been using the tag component for years with my blog, but none of my tag pages rank well and that could be because I only have a paragraph or two of text on them.

So I am updating some of them.

But also wondering if there is any danger to them. I took the pagination out so on some tags I have like 50+ links to my articles on the page.

Or if I should just write a comprehensive guide or hub page for the topic and link out to my long tail keyword blog posts.

Anybody doing this topic clustering? would love to hear how you are doing it.

changlee
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Anybody have "tag" pages that rank well? + anybody doing topic clustering SEO with Joomla?

Post by changlee » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:15 am

What exactly do you mean "tag" pages? Reply please an example.
If you do not programm your life, someone else will do it for you.
SMTP Newsletter APP: https://www.emailbat.com

lip420
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Anybody have "tag" pages that rank well? + anybody doing topic clustering SEO with Joomla?

Post by lip420 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:41 am

changlee wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:15 am
What exactly do you mean "tag" pages? Reply please an example.
If you go to "Components" in the Joomla admin you will see them there.

perskram
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by perskram » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:54 pm

My tag pages rank reasonably well, but they are not optimized for the mot difficult keywords.
I use the tag description to optimize a little (but these (sub) pages are not high priority). I don't think I would use tag pages for highly competetive keywords.

lip420
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by lip420 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:45 pm

perskram wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:54 pm
My tag pages rank reasonably well, but they are not optimized for the mot difficult keywords.
I use the tag description to optimize a little (but these (sub) pages are not high priority). I don't think I would use tag pages for highly competetive keywords.
I am doing a test right now. I created a new tag for a head keyword that I wanted and then turned it into 1400 word article and then added all the related links to long tail articles.

We'll see.

Forsh
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by Forsh » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:22 pm

Nobody will believe me but I have been using a specific tag extension and it ranks my pages better than anything else....TorTags. Every one of my pages that uses this old extension ranks well. I have no idea why and I'm not making this up. I have a specific keyword combination that I was finding hard to rank for but when I started using TorTags that tag page ranked on page 1 of Google for the keyword combination. Like I said, nobody will believe me probably but that's been my experience using that old extension.

hoangtuan17
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by hoangtuan17 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:00 am

Page Tag can achieve high rankings in search results. What you need to do is optimize SEO, and create backlinks in a logical, natural way from reputable sites. There are tons of articles on how to SEO so I won't say it again :D. I have also SEO Tag page quite a lot, but the tag page is more difficult to SEO than the article page

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 3.x”