Privacy and Terms articles not found in modal window if SEF active Topic is solved

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla! 3.x. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! 3.x extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
octaviobh
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Privacy and Terms articles not found in modal window if SEF active

Post by octaviobh » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:40 pm

Hi !. When SEF is Active (YES) in Global Configuration, then the links of Privacy and Terms not found. I mean, using the 3.9+ standard privacy and terms plugin and dashboard.

octaviobh
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Privacy and Terms articles not found in modal window if SEF active

Post by octaviobh » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:18 pm

Then, The Privacy and Terms plugin and dashboard are useless????. Perhaps you do not understand me because I am not an english born citizen.
What I said is if the Global Configurarion SEF in Joomla admin is ACTIVE ( YES ) then the articles are not displayed, but if SEF is set to NO then the articles are displayed correctly!! This fact implies that no spam are related to this problem, but the URL not properly accessed by the modal window programming.
Could you check this in a Joomla installation by yourself?.
Note that the referred link is the link created by the Joomla plugins, not my programming or accessing !!.
Thanks in advance,
Octavio.

octaviobh
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by octaviobh » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:20 pm

Please, Could anyone test this problem ?

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:32 pm

octaviobh wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:40 pmWhen SEF is Active (YES) in Global Configuration, then the links of Privacy and Terms not found.
I run 95% of all my J! websites with SEF URLs enabled. I have no problems creating articles containing my policy/policies relating to privacy or terms of use. I have no problems displaying those articles using SEF URLs. I have no problems linking these articles to the plugins used by people who want to create an account or update their accounts.

If you have problems displaying these articles (in pop-up/modal windows) from links in user account creation/update form, I suggest that these problems are coming from the template that you are using. Do you have these problems if you use the (default) Protostar template?

octaviobh
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by octaviobh » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:17 pm

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I am using the standard Joomla Template. Joomla 3.9.21
If you say it could be a problem with another source, not Joomla itself, then I do not understand.
I am using XAMPP php7.4 local server. I think this is not the problem.
Anyone who read this post has this problem?

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:12 pm

Does other Menu Items work? When SEF is not properly configured, only the Home Menu Item usually work.

Have you renamed htaccess.txt to .htaccess?

Does it work with SEF on and Rewrite Off?

octaviobh
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by octaviobh » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:47 pm

Eureka !. SEF Ok !.
When the Privacy Policy and the Terms and Conditions articles were properly assigned to a listed category, say Documents, then appears ok in the modal window when the referred link is clicked in the Create Account form.
But, if the articles have "unasigned" category, then modal window appears with Error: URL not found.
Octavio. ;D

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 3.x”