SEO in Google showing other languages

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla! 3.x. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! 3.x extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Gopakel
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

SEO in Google showing other languages

Post by Gopakel » Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:13 am

In my website Joomla while searching showing other langauge insted of english how to change the same
Last edited by toivo on Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: split from someone else's unrelated topic - please create your own topics in the future!

simplesource
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: SEO in Google showing other languages

Post by simplesource » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:25 pm

This is going to be largely based on the location of the searcher IP address and how you have your settings configured to target language usage. You could use a VPN to test various locations and how they are displaying your site and adjust accordingly.

Try browsing your site from these other locations and see what language appears. Generally, if you have your page titles (H1) and meta descriptions match the content of what’s at the top of your page, google will eventually accept this upon crawl and update what’s displayed in SERPs.
Simple Source Solutions - https://getsimple.net/joomla-hosting/
Managed Joomla Hosting by Joomla pros

Gopakel
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Gopakel » Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:37 am

Hi
While searching the website in google search engine showing Japanese language

スーパーコピー時計・NOOB工場のレプリカ時計の池袋工場 ...https://www.keltron.org· Translate this page
ロレックススーパーコピー、パネライ、ウブロコピー、オーデマピゲ、IWC、オメガ レプリカ時計等のNOOB製のスーパーコピー時計を販売しています。

How to solve this issues

sozzled
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Japanese keyword hack

Post by sozzled » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:07 am

Thanks for your question, @Gopakel. We have discussed this quesiton before on this forum and the general view is that your website has probably been hacked.

This is what I found on the internet about the matter:
I have not examined everything on the above list: I don't endorse any services or solutions that may be offered and I have no association with any products, organisations or services named above. The above list is incomplete; you can probably find other information if you search Google for "Japanese keyword hack".

I hope this information helps. Good luck fixing the problem. 8)
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

shumisha
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by shumisha » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:50 am

Hi,

I searched for your site name in Google and I can see the first result is indeed something with Japanese characters.

But the thing is: this page is not from your site. It's coming from a subdomain of your site, swg.keltron.org/ and it appears to be showing a database or resume.

In other words, you've put all your data about people applying to work for you publicly available on that site.

So you've not been hacked but you hacked yourself, I'd say.

I'm not sure why Google put this as the 1st result but they did.

You should make that subdomain private immediately, this is a major privacy breach.

Best regards
4SEO, all-in-one SEO extension for Joomla 3 & 4 - https://weeblr.com
I don't reply to PM anymore. Thanks for using 4SEO and wbAMP

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 3.x”