Image name on Google

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla! 3.x. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! 3.x extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
SterreEG
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Image name on Google

Post by SterreEG » Mon May 15, 2023 8:51 am

Hello,

Something in (I think) our SEO is not working as it should. When you Google a product that we sell, the title of the image says "item". This is only the case with one of our products. All of our other products are good, it's just this one.

I compared the products side by side, but can't find a differance.
I've added a screenshot of how it shows on Google now. (see yellow highlights)

How and where can i change this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

xfsgpr
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Image name on Google

Post by xfsgpr » Wed May 24, 2023 8:29 pm

Have you checked what is the file name? It looks like it is called item.jpg or item.png.

All other files have full name of the file but I don't see the extensions of any of the file names from your picture. I am just guessing here.

I went to eurogrip website but didn't find the product you are referring to but I didn't spend much time on it.

SterreEG
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by SterreEG » Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:39 am

Unfortunately that's not the case. The image name is shotoverg1-g1_3.jpg. Everything in the SEO settings is the same as with other products.

remi111
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by remi111 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:36 am

This could be the result of a caching issue. Is it possible the image was uploaded first as 'Item.jpg' and then changed later? It might be worth trying to completely re-upload the image from scratch, also to clear any caches that you are able to and see if something is hung-up in there. Then attempt a manual re-index of the item with Google via SearchConsole and see if this fixes the issue.

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 3.x”