RSS and Atom

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla! 3.x. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! 3.x extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
seoace
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

RSS and Atom

Post by seoace » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:28 pm

I have noticed that I have duplicate pages with /?type=rss and /?type=atom extensions added to the end of my homepage indexed in Google. What are they and how do I get them removed?

ranwilli
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: RSS and Atom

Post by ranwilli » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:41 pm

Feeds, and are they still considered dupes if they are different content types?

one is atom, the other is RSS2 (your browser probably reads them both identically, but certain feed readers read only one or the other.)
Don't HACK the Joomla! core, Instead "Extend" and/or "Override."
Stay ON the update path.
https://harpervance.com

seoace
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by seoace » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:22 am

The content is the same. I also have many URLs that end with ?start=45, ?start=60 all landing on the homepage. What are these?

Thetjo
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by Thetjo » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:16 pm

They are pagination parameters seoace. If you're worried about how these parameters might affect your SEO performance you could look into removing them via Google Webmaster Central.
http://www.conversionreview.com/ - Start improving your conversion rate with an expert review

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 3.x”