How to add catergory in sef url

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla! 3.x. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! 3.x extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
dph71
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

How to add catergory in sef url

Post by dph71 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:15 pm

I have just installed joomla 3.0 and enabled the SEF option and renamed the .htaccess file.

My urls are now looking like this: www.mywebsite.com/article1.html

I want to add the category in the url so it becomes like this: www.mywebsite.com/category/article1.html

How do I fix this without using any sef extension? Is there an options in the general settings or something to fix this? I don't want to do it manually in the article options ofcourse.

Plz let me know.

jorgemed
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: How to add catergory in sef url

Post by jorgemed » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:22 am

Hi.
I think you have to create a menu and then assing the right articles to this menu. So for example, you create a category called PS3, then create a menu called PS3 and then you assing the ps3 articles to the menu: http://www.juegossegundamano.net/ps3/ja ... a-mano-ps4 I hope that it helps.
Cheers

dph71
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: How to add catergory in sef url

Post by dph71 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Thanks for your reply but this is not the path I want to take. It leaves one with menu's you don't want (or use) and it is way to time consuming regarding managing your website.

Almost unbelievable that something basic like this is not a standard feature in 3.0.
I know use Artio SEF soley for this issue. It's an overkill.

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 3.x”