Rewrite url with multilanguage activated

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla! 3.x. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! 3.x extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
queengab
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Rewrite url with multilanguage activated

Post by queengab » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:46 am

Hi to all,

i'm doing my first site in joomla 3. It's very owerfull and full of options but i alittle bit disordered.
I have a problem. I enabled multilanguage site from content language, i enabled also the plugins and create right categories tree Italiano and English.
Now certain time happans that i have url like /eng/home/xx-category/xx-item and the page don't show nothing and return to the home.
Why? What is this?

Thanks
Gabriele

pishro
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Rewrite url with multilanguage activated

Post by pishro » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:44 pm

The core Joomla SEF URLs build urls based on the alias of your category/article/menu (CAM) item. ;)

To turn that on:
In the root of the directory Joomla is installed in and look for htaccess.txt and rename it .htaccess
In the admin > global configuration > site tab look for SEO Settings and select Yes Use URL rewriting (unless you dont want the .html extensions, that one is optional)
please see SEO Settings for joomla! 3.1:
http://docs.joomla.org/J3.1:Global_conf ... 0.9D_Group

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 3.x”