Redirect manager throwing 500 errors -> .htaccess problem

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla! 3.x. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! 3.x extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
mdube
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Redirect manager throwing 500 errors -> .htaccess problem

Post by mdube » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:48 pm

Hi,

I have to move a site (let say abc.com) to Joomla 3.1.5. This site was built on SPIP so we got to transfer all the articles. Everything was going ok but now, I am trying to redirect the old addresses of those articles of that type -> abc.com/spip.php?article 345 to a normal Joomla SEF format (abc.com/contact/map.html) and it doesn't work at all. Something to get crasy ;-)

The problem is that the .htaccess file blocks any other php file than index.php and it doesn't accept any ? neither throwing 500 errors.

The redirect manager will redirect address with 404 errors easily but not 500 errors.

So I tried to changed the error message from 500 to 404 by rewriting (deleting) the query string and by changing the spip.php by index.php but I have lost the admin side that is not in SEF format and needs the query string.

Does anybody know what king of conditions/rules I should add to the .htaccess file to be able to redirect that type of address (abc.com/spip.php?article 345) in the Joomla SEF format.

Thanks to pay attention to my request,

Michel

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

pishro
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Redirect manager throwing 500 errors -> .htaccess proble

Post by pishro » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:55 am

mdube wrote:Does anybody know what king of conditions/rules I should add to the .htaccess file to be able to redirect that type of address (abc.com/spip.php?article 345) in the Joomla SEF format.
Hello! ;)
please read this article: web.config
Enabling Search Engine Friendly (SEF) URLs

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 3.x”