How To Generate Quality Backlinks for a Website

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla! 3.x. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! 3.x extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
rich1
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: How To Generate Quality Backlinks for a Website

Postby rich1 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:21 pm

I do not understand why you think you need to create backlinks.
The idea came from Larry Page, (an idiot - all be it a rich idiot), years ago but is no longer applicable.
This idea is still being Sold by anyone with a telephone.
There are many ways to manipulate SERP.
The problem is that the Internet, (or WWW.), was created by Sir Tim Berners-Lee.
Google saw a way to hijack the Internet for business, (and they achieved this).
However you can hijack Google.
Think about it. Google now only show pages on their front 1 -> 2 front pages that pay them.
So how do you beat this? (You may not have the money to join in).

The answer is in the previous posts.
Write for SERP.

Backlinks became irrelevant for many reasons.
1/ The SERP was not what you wanted to find, or the answer was not what you were looking for. (Too much time following links etc).
2/ Who gives a toss for whether the page is referred by a lazy Webmaster looking for hits.
3/ Who should really care, if they are writing good content, (it will be found anyway), whether they are linked by other websites.
4/ Google keep changing their own rules.
5/ Why spend all your time bothering about Google, (you will be devoting your whole life to a Corporation).
6/ The whole idea of Page Ranking was totally ludicrous in the first place.
7/ There are other Search Engines out there that do not necessarily follow the same rules.
8/ Do not think that by following the market leader, (ie Google), it will get the results you wish to achieve, (you will only spend the rest of your life trying to please them).

In summary:
Understand the system you are using.
Forget Google, (unless you wish to pay alot of money short term, because they have created an Internet where you are subscribed to pay).
Write and organize content so ALL search engines will find and cache it.
Do what you want!!! (but learn how to do what you want)

Learn how to beat Google, not join in!
If you have no 'Coeur de Lion' do not ask why you fail.

matt_davis
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby matt_davis » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:42 pm

According to google to increase your traffic or create back links the first preference they give is to a good and quality content. .Create content for the user and not for the search engines.It helps you in a very excellent way to get visitors for your website.I was browsing for more information on creating backlinks and I came across this
http://jamesnorquay.com/an-interview-ex ... lity-team/
I hope you get all your answers over here.

fredgaardpoul
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby fredgaardpoul » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:43 pm

Well I totally get why you want to create links to your site, it's still #1 way to rank. You just need to focus on links that will actually send you good quality traffic. Good trusted sites, but offc you know all that. One way I have found usefull is to interview bloggers in your niche, and get them to comment on a hot topic. Then quote them on your blog, and call them experts - people love to link to stuff where they are quoted as experts :laugh:

sandy0052
I've been banned!

Postby sandy0052 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:24 am

Guest blogging is another great way to build quality one-way backlinks to your website and unlike article marketing the backlinks built through guest blogging are high quality and authority backlinks because most blogs you will be guest posting for have been trusted by Google over time and they don’t publish duplicate content.

Many blogs also have high pagerank and your article can stay on their homepage for sometimes, if you write a great article then you can even get more people to link to it which means more authority for the most which in turns transfer to your website. :) :)

lilysmith22
I've been banned!

Postby lilysmith22 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:22 am

rich1 wrote:I do not understand why you think you need to create backlinks

Hey rich firstly am not getting what exactly you want to say? Another thing is that I want to increase my backlinks cos it will help me to increase my lead.

Hussain321
I've been banned!

Postby Hussain321 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:21 pm

Great content is must for natural link building, having valuable content of 1500w+ will boost your chances. Then, you need to be smart enough in your link building, you should earn links from relevant sites that match your niche.

lilysmith22
I've been banned!

Postby lilysmith22 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:16 am

josh2015 wrote:Check for Relevance website in your niche. Backlinks from domain name with .ed, .org and .gov have some extra advantage.

Thanks for the advice and I always check it out but getting backlinks from .ed, .org and .gov is such a difficult task. Did you have some kind of list regarding these type of sites.

Hussain321
I've been banned!

Postby Hussain321 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:31 am

Outreaching is the best way to do it, however it is time consuming. Have a great resource content in your site and then You can contact site owners and motivate them to link to your content in their next posts, if they are busy, offer them writing the next post for free and deliver it up to their par.

Stay away from those who promise that they will deliver .edu domains and finally provide other domain extensions similar to .edu.tw.

NivF007
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Postby NivF007 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:17 am

First of all, I'd like to recommend a book, Keyword Intelligence by Ron Jones, as he covers this and other topics that will really help you to rank high on SERPs (i.e. counting on back-links alone, although helpful, is not enough).

Keep the following in mind:

1. Search Engines always strive to return the most relevant and 'authoritative' content relative the user's search intent;

2. People are always trying to cheat the system (i.e. generating massive amounts of back links); While this may help you today, if those back links are from low quality "spammy" sites, it will likely hurt you tomorrow - more on this in a moment.

3. Because people are trying to cheat the system, Google (and other major search engines) put 'human eyes' on search results. These 'human eyes' (or annotators as they are called in the industry), rate the result, provide feedback to the algorithm team, who then make adjustments.

This is why you have to be very careful with generating back links.

The idea behind backlinks increasing your ranking is based on the premise that if people have linked to your content, it means a) they value your content; and/or b) your content is an authoritative source.

Therefore, your rankings should go up.

But, as stated above, people 'game' the system - and try and get as many backlinks as possible. For a short-time this works, the system is 'gamed,' those who 'game' the system win (but only temporarily) - but overall, the search results aren't as good as they ought to be.

In order to compensate, the search engine algorithms seek out sites that are known to provide 'spammy backlinks' and your page will get punished to compensate - in the end, you'll be worse off than not having that 'spammy' backlink at all.

Having backlinks on poor quality web sites "spammy" web sites will ultimately harm your rankings.

Conversely having good quality backlinks, on authoritative high-quality web sites will help you immensely.

The higher quality the website (i.e. the more authoritative) where your backlink appears, the more that backlink will help you. This is always a safe bet, because these web sites are 'trusted' sources.

Based on the book, Keyword Intelligence, here are some great ideas

Public Relations

Make sure a linkback is included in any press release or article referencing your sites.

If a journalist ever covers your business, make sure you get a backlink!

Local Organizations / Organizations within Your Industry / Publications within your industry.

You can write an informative or helpful article for your local or industry organization. Make sure there is a linkback to your web site, web site section, or page - whichever is the best fit.

If your an accountant, offer to write an article for an accounting magazine. If you are an immigration lawyer, offer to write an article for a local community web site. If you are a personal trainer, write an article for a fitness magazine - just make sure you get that 'backlink.'

High Profile Blogger Sites

This is one of the best ways. Offer to be a guest author for an influential blogger's, and ask to link that you get a link back.

---

I could go on - there are tons of resources out there.

Google 'How to generate quality backlinks" and you'll get lots of ideas, just remember, which ever way you go about it, it's about quality, not quantity.

The key is, if you are going to generate backlinks, make sure they are from 'quality' sites - those will help you, whereas backlinks for 'spammy sites' will hurt you.

ladydevil
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Postby ladydevil » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:20 pm

Submit your blog to .edu and .gov forums and blogs, Google so much loves backlinks fom this sites and regards them as authority.
Quạt trần: http://quatdentrangtri.vn/
Giấy dán tường: http://giaydantuonggiare.biz/

SandraKing111
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Postby SandraKing111 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:05 am

You can create quality backlinks for a website by adding quality content such as article, blog, guest etc. And also backlinks is very important to get ranking in the Google

jjasonkschaefer
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Postby jjasonkschaefer » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:14 am

You can generate quality backlinks in your website. The higher the quality of links,greater be the rankings.Through blogging, guest posting, press release etc, you can add backlink to your website

henna451
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby henna451 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:26 am

List some websites which are relevant in your niche and write a guest post.

Something simple, bribe them with $$$ :)

sparkinteract
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby sparkinteract » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:35 am

Lot of way for created quality backlinks.

1. Broken linkbuilding
2. Natural guest blogging
3. Resource link building
4. Moved link building
5. Web 2.0
5. Private blog networking
6. Profile link building
7. Comment
8. Donation and sponsorship
9. Gov and edu link building
10. Reverse engineering

Etc.

lilysmith22
I've been banned!

Postby lilysmith22 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:23 am

NivF007 wrote:First of all, I'd like to recommend a book, Keyword Intelligence by Ron Jones, as he covers this and other topics that will really help you to rank high on SERPs (i.e. counting on back-links alone, although helpful, is not enough).

Hey Niv, thanks for sharing this book (Keyword Intelligence). Really a great book. You said well making spammy backlinks will create temporary results and finally we will get penalized.

matt_davis
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby matt_davis » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:17 pm

Hello
I have subscribed to most of the blogs post by brian dean and neil patel
found this in my mail
hope this helps for backlinks information
https://www.[youtube].com/watch?v=LfXH6WPUkKc

aliteejay
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Postby aliteejay » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:38 pm

semnaveen wrote:To Generate Quality backlink first we must have to develop two skills 1. Content Creation and 2. Way of promotion IF we have these two skill then we are almost done.

Proclamation is not informative knowledge, you don't need respond to every topic, pls allow the moderators provide us right answers

sangomalaysia
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby sangomalaysia » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:45 pm

You should consider the indicators PA, DA, Pagerank?
Last edited by sangomalaysia on Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Webfortuners
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Postby Webfortuners » Tue May 10, 2016 6:29 am

Post unique content, social sharing, attractive banners, backlinks from high PR sites, Blog post are helpful to generate quality backlinks for a site.

sem-seo
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Postby sem-seo » Thu May 12, 2016 11:07 am

Soren Jensen wrote:This works well: http://extensions.joomla.org/extension/ ... -backlinks

Hi Soren, isn't this a bit 2004? I am afraid that automatic backlink creation is neither good for one's Online Reputation by google (in terms of penguin update) nor does it give you the advantage of actually having content related links from authorities.

I think, the best way to get quality backlinks is to create quality content and have a bunch of social profiles in which you frequently post quality content as well. I have been consulting several large enterprises, who started an interlinking concept, which helped their sites in general to receive the attention that they desired.
C. Badde
Online-Marketing Agentur: https://www.seo-online-marketing.de

aliteejay
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Postby aliteejay » Fri May 13, 2016 9:43 am

Cheers, your post is very informative, appreciate the input

Robert Token
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Postby Robert Token » Wed May 25, 2016 9:55 am

Otherwise you cna get list of high pr directory submission sites, forum sites and social bookmarking sites to high quality backlinks.

John Adam
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby John Adam » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:44 am

You can post a video on [youtube], Dailymotion ... and put your naked url in the description part. If your video rank up, so does your website.
Somte time I just leave a video on [youtube] alone for few days, and it got it own way to top 10 ...

gueenguarsmoza
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Postby gueenguarsmoza » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:14 am

ladydevil wrote:Submit your blog to .edu and .gov forums and blogs, Google so much loves backlinks fom this sites and regards them as authority.

What do you mean by submitting to .edu or .gov forums? Do you mean creating profile links from these sites? Thanks!

mizzitdk
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby mizzitdk » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:30 am

gueenguarsmoza wrote:
ladydevil wrote:Submit your blog to .edu and .gov forums and blogs, Google so much loves backlinks fom this sites and regards them as authority.

What do you mean by submitting to .edu or .gov forums? Do you mean creating profile links from these sites? Thanks!

Try to contact the website owners of those blogs. They might allow guest posts. You can also create high pr profile links in forums with .edu/.gov domains. There are a lot of available footprints in the internet to search for those kinds of forums.

dorlabar794
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby dorlabar794 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:44 am

mizzitdk wrote:
gueenguarsmoza wrote:

Try to contact the website owners of those blogs. They might allow guest posts. You can also create high pr profile links in forums with .edu/.gov domains. There are a lot of available footprints in the internet to search for those kinds of forums.

It would be really for newbies like me if you could point out some footprints that you are talking about. Thanks!

aegisinfosys
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Postby aegisinfosys » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:09 pm

To generate a back-links is one part of Off-page SEO. There are so many ways from where you can generate backlinks.

For example:

Create a unique content related your business and publish in blog sites or your blog section.

You can also generate backlinks form social circulation or social bookmarking.

Find out the best local business sites and submit your business related information.

You can generate backlinks from Directory submission & Article submission. But make sure you will find high authority sites.

If you add your sites link in spamming site so google will penalized your website.

Johnhill1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby Johnhill1 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:41 pm

I think I am going to learn a lot of thing here, well first of all Thanks @lilysmith22 for asking this question here, Learned many more things today. Thanks you

changlee
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Postby changlee » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:16 pm

There are only two ways:
1) You create fantastic and attractive content that is very usefull (to your website, social media, forums and BLOGs) so that is creating the back links as it is viral OR
2) You buy backlinks
If you do not programm your life, someone else will do it for you.
Free and low cost Templates at: https://www.b2b-templates.com

BryanWalters
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby BryanWalters » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:57 pm

lilysmith22 wrote:Hello all,

I want to generate more visitors to my site so that I can get more suggestions and also Quality backlinks. Can any one suggest me how to get Quality backlinks.

I think, you should ask this question in Google Webmaster Forum. You might get more authoritative answer there.

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 3.x”