htaccess, URL rewriting, index.php and "no input file specified"

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla! 3.x. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! 3.x extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
edse1991
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

htaccess, URL rewriting, index.php and "no input file specified"

Postby edse1991 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:01 am

Hi! yet another thread on this subject, but none of the previous have helped me :(

Some time ago I tried to remove "index.php" from my URLs without succeeding. I tried again the whole yesterday, but just couldn't get it to work. I'm beginning to wonder if I have misunderstood something.

To begin with, I did the "How to check if mod rewrite is enabled on your server" test and it worked, so mod_rewrite should work on the server.

Code: Select all

#these are currently turned on but I have tried every combination (also with RewriteBase /.)
Options +FollowSymlinks
RewriteBase /

RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]
#
# If the requested path and file is not /index.php and the request
# has not already been internally rewritten to the index.php script
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index\.php
# and the requested path and file doesn't directly match a physical file
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
# and the requested path and file doesn't directly match a physical folder
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
# internally rewrite the request to the index.php script
RewriteRule ^([a-z][a-z])/([A-Za-z0-9-]+)/?$ /index.php/$1/$2 [L]

This is my rewrite rule. It correctly transform the URLs of my multilingual subpages (example.com/en/subpage -> example.com/index.php/en/subpage). I have turned the rewriting option on in Global configuration and I can see that the menus and links on my page now are pointing to example.com/en/subpage, but when I click it I get the a message "No input file specified." If I add index.php at the correct place in the URL the page loads.

Have I put the rewrite rule in the wrong place? Do I need more rules? What is really the problem here?

planteg
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: htaccess, URL rewriting, index.php and "no input file specified"

Postby planteg » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:54 pm

Hi,

how did you solve your issue ?

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 3.x”