Duplicated Meta Descriptions on Google Search

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla! 3.x. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! 3.x extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
iMilazzo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Duplicated Meta Descriptions on Google Search

Postby iMilazzo » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:38 pm

Hi guys, sorry my bad english!

I have this site: http://www.mundoimilazzo.com.

At Google Search Console I have the information (attached) that I have some duplicated meta descriptions.
The problem is: I've made the hack to remove the ID from articles and categories to show a more friendly URL for SEO purposes (I don't know why is so important to Joomla to show IDs on URLS on SEO mode).

Well, I have all my website working with this hack, the problem is that Google Search Console insist to show old urls (formed with IDs) and I have no idea where they are coming from. I've searched the entire website trying to find this old urls but I am unable to find them.

I am asking you to help to find where and how this old urls are. How to find them, how to kill them?

Thanks
Ivan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pharman
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Duplicated Meta Descriptions on Google Search

Postby Pharman » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:42 am

Hi,

What I heard Google Search Console takes time to update the data. Maybe if you give it some time Google will pick up and refresh your website data.
Have you also updated your sitemap and uploaded it?

iMilazzo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Duplicated Meta Descriptions on Google Search

Postby iMilazzo » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:33 pm

Thank you @Pharman !!

There is a field at Google Console showing "when" this data was updated and it shows a few days ago.
Everytime I send a sitemap.xml or I re-submit a page I get duplicated pages and I have no idea where this links came.

Thanks
Ivan

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 3.x”