Last Modification Time

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla! 3.x. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! 3.x extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
omilen
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Last Modification Time

Postby omilen » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:36 am

The question is about "Last-Modified" field (https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... t-Modified) that contains time and date information on when site's webpage was last modified.

As far as I know, time information is retrieved by the webserver itself for static content only.

In case of dynamic content the webserver should not set the last modification time by itself and leave it to an application. Joomla!, as the application, sets the last modified time here: /libraries/joomla/application/web.php".

If I not mistaken, the last modification time in Joomla! always set to the current time. Most likely, lines that are responsible for this, are:

Code: Select all

// Always modified.
$this->setHeader('Last-Modified', gmdate('D, d M Y H:i:s') . ' GMT', true);
$this->setHeader('Cache-Control', 'no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0', false);

I need to change this. When the Last-Modified field is created and sent on each request (Google bot or browser) it should not be Always modified (shouldn't contain current date and time) but should contain the time and date when a webpage really was modified.

Can you please help me with this issue?

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 3.x”