OSMap sub-menu items

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla! 3.x. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! 3.x extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
KaraokeAmerica
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

OSMap sub-menu items

Post by KaraokeAmerica » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:13 am

I have been banging my head on the wall for hours......

I have been using OSmap-free since it replaced Xmap. It's been fine. It updates with Joomla updater and all is well in the world....until.....

I migrated from SobiPro to Mosets Tree for a directory I run. OSMap supports this natively. When I started poking around it seemed like a simple switch of extension plugins but both directories are supported natively by OSMap. Should be no big deal.

However, by default, OSM is creating duplicate content via multiple menu items. I must have the menu items because of the URL requirements, but I want to be able DE-select certain sub-menu items and I can't figure out how to do it. I didn't discover this issue until now when I started messing with my extensions and menu items and started poking around.

In the old days with Xmap you create a menu item to the HTML site map created by Xmap. Then you would log into the front end of the site as SU and select the menu items you wanted to crawl. Worked fine!

With OSMap, the only way I can even view the HTML sitemap is if I do all that, but I am NOT logged in as SU or even "Special". I can view the XML sitemap fine regardless, but the HTML sitemap I can only see if I'm not logged in at all.

So......anyone know how I can define menu sub-items in OSMap? Specifically I'm looking to DE-select some sub-menu items that are creating duplicate content in my site-map. The Joomlashack site has no forum. They have support, but you really need a subscription. I'd consider buying this to get the "Pro" version if I knew it would help, but I can't even get basic stuff to work and there is no support without a subscription.

Frankly, if I'm going to spend $40 bucks for 6 months of OSMap though, I would probably buy JSitemap for $60 for a year and it does more.

Ideally I'd just like to get what I have working. Any help is appreciated.

Grrrr........

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 3.x”