What is path and filename to the joomla file in which the initial page title is created/managed?

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla! 3.x. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! 3.x extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
bobmeetin
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

What is path and filename to the joomla file in which the initial page title is created/managed?

Post by bobmeetin » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 am

I'm using the corephp blogging extension in Joomla 3.6.2. It includes an SEO plugin (all in one seo) which adds some additional fields to a post page so that you can customize the <title> and <meta description> if you wish. The title isn't working correctly.

Rather than creating a single <title> entry using your preferred title it adds a second title entry into the document head. Unfortunately although the second entry is there search engines and browsers rely on the first entry. It is also used for social sharing.

For the purposes of simplicity, if you gave the website the name, My Website, but gave the blog entry the title "It's a wonderful life", the browser and search engine (and social share) would go with "My Website". Yes I know search engines may opt to hijack the title (and description) as they see fit - ignoring that here.

I have gone through all the joomla global configuration parameters as well as the blog extension and the SEO extension - and haven't found a way to fix the title. All in One SEO is there and seemingly working.

The question: What is path and filename to the joomla file in which the initial page title is created/managed? I may need to hack the file adding an if/else clause to remove the default from showing if the page is a blog entry.

For what it's worth - normal joomla content and k2 articles are working correctly.

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 3.x”