Content credits to sister website

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla! 3.x. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! 3.x extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
goble
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Content credits to sister website

Post by goble » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:49 am

Hello,

I am developing a new joomla website on mycompany.in (india), I am taking all contents from the sister company which is mycompany.de (Germany) (both sites are in English).

The contents are found in modules, k2 items and joomla articles.

Is there an easy way to tell google to credit mycompany.de for all contents of mycompany.in. The reason is that I don't want to be penalized because of plagiarism.
Mauritius Travel Guide https://explora.mu

dannykid91
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Content credits to sister website

Post by dannykid91 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:08 pm

You can go to fiverr and hire writers with similar content content on the old site. If the content is the same two pages you will be penalized

AmieJTomasini
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by AmieJTomasini » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:54 pm

I would rather hire a content writer to create new fresh contents for my company website. Yes, you can credit the sister website and not get penalized. Duplicate content penalty is for having duplicate pages with same content on a website.

storm77
I've been banned!

Post by storm77 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:16 pm

You need to rewrite your content to avoid content duplicates in google

luisalves
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by luisalves » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:59 pm

Hi Goble!
When you copy articles, you add source URL article to sister website → submit to Google, you don't will be penalized because of plagiarism because you are building really your BRAND.
Important: provide good information about services for the visitor!
Time on site or visit duration can be an indication of the level of interest or involvement that a visitor has with the website. It is also a good indicator of the success of a campaign or other promotional activity that brings visitors to your website.
View topic about tag menu and duplicate content when moving or copy all contents to new site:
viewtopic.php?f=712&t=957742
viewtopic.php?f=712&t=950341
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Johnhill1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Johnhill1 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:08 am

I think Yes, You can copy the content from wherever you want to, but you should give due recognition to the lawful author. Either take his permission first or give proper citation w.r.t. sources to avoid any claims of copyright infringement.

You can use rel=Canonical tag to give to proper credit to the main source website.

Do check out a Full article about this at Quicksprout Blog. Post title - "Should You Repost Your Blog Content on Other Websites? "

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:29 am

You can edit the template or you can put a custom module in a module position. As for duplicating content and Google ... snake oil.
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"When I'm right no one remembers but when I'm wrong no one forgets".

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 3.x”