SEF URLs get resource has been removed error

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla! 3.x. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! 3.x extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
kevin5862
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

SEF URLs get resource has been removed error

Post by kevin5862 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:39 pm

I am running a site (https://cttpathfinder.[spam].net) on Joomla 3.7.0 on an IIS 7.0 server. My site was set up and works without SEF however when I set Search engine Friendly and URL rewriting only the home page works.

The URLs are correctly rewritten but when I click on a link I get the error The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

I have successfully used URL rewrites on this server on other projects and other versions of Joomla but this is the first v7 I have tried. Is there an issue with this version or does it behave differently to previous versions? I have tried searching for other solutions but cannot find anything that helps.

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: SEF URLs get resource has been removed error

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:12 pm

Update your Joomla. The current version is 3.8.5

As you are on an IIS Server, you need to rename webconfig.txt to web.config.

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 3.x”