Title and Description Duplicated

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla! 3.x. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! 3.x extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
gred81
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Title and Description Duplicated

Post by gred81 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:10 am

Hello to all. Forgive my English. I am writing to you, because I have been searching for a lot of news about it, but I did not find all the information necessary to solve the problem.

I have a site in Joomla, version 3.8. I activated the mod_rewrite and installed "Easy Frontend Seo".

In Search Console, I find many duplicate urls in the "Html enhancements" section.

When I go to open, I find a lot of url starting with /? Id = xx or with / component / content / article /.

If I put in robots.txt Disallow: / component / content / article / * can I feel comfortable? Thank you

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Title and Description Duplicated

Post by gws » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:19 am

If you disallow content then what will the bots index.
see viewtopic.php?f=712&t=961809

gred81
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by gred81 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:13 pm

Thank You for help. The url of web site are all index. The question is: how this kind of url not clean are generated? If i do a scan with Screaming Frog i dont find. I have JCH plugin for cache. This can be?

dljetarora
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dljetarora » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:02 pm

Don't put you Value added url in Robots but you can add negative url in which urls duplicate meta description shown

JanetWaston
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by JanetWaston » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:53 am

Please check your URL and description on your website and put the right URL and description. And most important to our website please check per week your website URL cache.

Bdizz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Bdizz » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:50 am

It could be the extension you're using. I've used "Tag Meta" in the past to be able to create custom titles and descriptions and have never had URL issues so perhaps look into that one or a similar one.

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 3.x”