AMP

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla! 3.x. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! 3.x extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
bluesardine
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

AMP

Post by bluesardine » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:23 pm

Hi guys

How uses AMP or Accelerated Mobile Pages on Joomla sites?

Have they helped SEO rankings?

regards pete
Joomla Web designer Cornwall https://www.swankypixels.com
Wedding Photographer Cornwall https://www.peterhaken.com

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination"
Albert Einstein

anthonysmith07
I've been banned!

Re: AMP

Post by anthonysmith07 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:26 am

Last edited by imanickam on Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed the text that was copied from the Extension's page in JED (https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/accelerated-mobile-pages/), without quoting

angelinasmith
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by angelinasmith » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:22 am

Adopting AMP technology for individual pages is a good move, however, it isn't a ranking factor but maybe in near future, Google might encourage sites to adopt this technology.

You can use the plugin wbAMP and once activated, specify the pages that need to be optimized.

delacroix1505
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by delacroix1505 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:40 am

bluesardine wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:23 pm
Hi guys

How uses AMP or Accelerated Mobile Pages on Joomla sites?

Have they helped SEO rankings?

regards pete
Yes, AMP certainly helps your SEO effort. Despite I haven't read any Google announcement on officially stating that AMP is a ranking factor but with all the works that put more weight in mobile ranking like Mobile first index, speed update (for mobile), it seems that the implementation of AMP could bring a significant change to your ranking effort.

Secondly, we all know that page speed, time on site or bound rate are more or less ranking factors. Implementing AMP in your site could increase all these factors if you do it properly.

You could either hire some professional to help you with it or paying some dollar to some AMP extensions.

Hope it help.
Last edited by pe7er on Tue May 07, 2019 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed URL

seode
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by seode » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:41 am

We really don't know for sure is it help or not for our SEO. I think that AMP will not survive the test of time.

Dolios
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Dolios » Wed May 01, 2019 6:30 am

seode wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:41 am
We really don't know for sure is it help or not for our SEO. I think that AMP will not survive the test of time.
We do know that it helps. Google even told us that they prefer to rank an AMP page with similar content quality over one without AMP. It helps mobile users preserve data.

carljm
I've been banned!

Post by carljm » Fri May 03, 2019 10:40 am

'AMP' is short for Accelerated Mobile Pages. AMP was first announced by Google back in 2015 and then publicly launched in 2016. Its main focus is to improve the performance of mobile web by allowing web content to load instantly.

There is already ready to use Joomla AMP plugin to make a website based on Joomla AMP compatible. Weeblr team did a great job and created wbAMP plugin that supports Accelerated Mobile Pages for Joomla.

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 3.x”