AMP "alert" on website page good idea?

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla! 3.x. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! 3.x extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
the apprentice
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

AMP "alert" on website page good idea?

Post by the apprentice » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:27 am

The AMP page of my website is far from what it looks like as canonical page in terms of layout so I just put in that blue rectangular box "Accelerated Mobile Page (AMP) of mywebsite.com, click here for full website version". I wondered if that's plausible and maybe how someone else is tackling this dissimilarity, I know it's not strictly a Joomla question but it's likely many will have a different (poorer) version compared to their well constructed Joomla website in terms of SEO.

CyrusXxX
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: AMP "alert" on website page good idea?

Post by CyrusXxX » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:14 am

Well it depends on your website purpose and where are you going with it.
If I would decide to put notice like that I wouldn't put notice as generic as your example but something like this -Check out our full website and get great deals- for example.
If you have to offer your visitors something more beside content you serve using amp on your full style website or you have some plan for wich amp is not gonna cut it.

Also from my investigation not many average internet users know what is AMP or Accelerated Mobile pages are so definitely something less generic and easy to understand for common visitors

Hope it helps. ;)
Joomla Serbian Latin Coordinator
https://volunteers.joomla.org/joomlers/ ... oran-nesic

Power is knowledge and knowledge is power.
https://regenesiscomputers.com

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 3.x”