modules indexed? Topic is solved

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla! 3.x. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! 3.x extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Jim007
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

modules indexed?

Post by Jim007 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:44 am

If I had info in a module on a webpage does that info in the module appear in a google or bing search? For instance if I want to write an article on a Porsche 911 sports car, i do a one liner in the article but have most of the info spread out in three modules prior and three modules after for instance broken down like this

top module 1 = overview
top mod 2 = powerplant
top-mod 3 = handling
article = The Porsche 911is true sports car for road and track
bottom module 1 = interior features
bot mod 2 = exterior aerodynamics
bot mod 3 = performance on the track and road

each of the modules have the specific info to that discussion but the title is hidden for a nicer layout and look?

As for the article it would ONLY have "The Porsche 911is true sports car for road and track" with title, author, category, print, tags all hidden.

What you think?
Don't worry about it?
add the meta info in the menu?
add the meta info in the article?
Or just making it look pretty will have crap effect on seo throughout the web
or do I go to google webmaster tools and add the info ?

Thank you!

annahersh
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: modules indexed?

Post by annahersh » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:52 am

The search bot sees the entire page and caches the page, so modules individually will not be cached or returned as detached. As much relative details that can be published to a page is good SEO.

Too much pretty can negatively affect SEO in that there may be to much coding within the page and cause loading delay. While pretty is thrilling to a website owner and developer, an end user simply wants the factual content. Consider the site called mediatakeout. It's quite ugly but simple in coding and appearance, yet it get over 500k hits daily and makes about $8 million annually. The owners refuse to change it into pretty.

Valid and relative content combined with all the other SEO rules and principles will get you the best results.

Jim007
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Jim007 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:46 pm

Thank you. I believe pretty is more engaging. I looked at mediatakeout and didn't get past the home page. I just wanted to make sure that the modules would show up in google and bing. Thank you

annahersh
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by annahersh » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:41 pm

That's a celebrity gossip media and it caters to the worlds greatest consumers, hence the reason advertisers pay a lot for impressions. Their focus is solely on mobile device users, of which 98% are by phones. When the site is viewed on those devices, it all looks proper. If you scroll to the end and click the link to the owners' site, you'll see that they are not limited in design skills.

The key is to determine your target audience and deliver the appearance you expect them to respond to.

Jim007
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Jim007 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:52 pm

annahersh wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:41 pm
That's a celebrity gossip media and it caters to the worlds greatest consumers, hence the reason advertisers pay a lot for impressions. Their focus is solely on mobile device users, of which 98% are by phones. When the site is viewed on those devices, it all looks proper. If you scroll to the end and click the link to the owners' site, you'll see that they are not limited in design skills.

The key is to determine your target audience and deliver the appearance you expect them to respond to.

Thank you for your response and I apologize for my lack of, in a timely manner.

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 3.x”