W3C errors - SEO effect

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla! 3.x. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! 3.x extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
masterpiece22
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

W3C errors - SEO effect

Post by masterpiece22 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:55 am

Hi I wonder about my site

Code: Select all

https://procredito.pl/
. I have some W3C errors and i thinking about influence this errors to google rank positions. Have this any links with posiotions or I should not bother with that?
Last edited by pe7er on Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: moved to Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 3.x

ltheme
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: W3C errors - SEO effect

Post by ltheme » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:05 am

Just skip it I think, W3C detects some errors with CSS3/HTML5 codes, and I think it doesn't effect with SEO.
Steve (Mr.) - Fan of Joomla! CMS over 10 years
https://ltheme.com/joomla-templates/ <= 250+ Joomla! templates
https://agethemes.com/free-joomla-templates/ <= Joomla! templates on marketplace
^Compatible with Joomla! 3.x, Joomla! 4.x and Joomla! 5.x

helpwithjoomla
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by helpwithjoomla » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:24 pm

I usually recommend that the site meet all applicable coding standards. It can't hurt SEO and really, we should adhere to standards ;)

Also try running your site through Googles PageSpeed tool to see how the site ranks and whether or not that tool gives any suggestions regarding your HTML.

hoangtuan17
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by hoangtuan17 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:54 am

Whether or not you should fix the error, depends on the field you are SEO. For non-competitive fields, there is no need to fix. And for very competitive fields, every small change is important, which will make the overall result better.

sitecentre
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sitecentre » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:38 am

You shouldn't need to make sure that W3C is valid for SEO. New techniques and strategies are making it near impossible to actually meet the high unrealistic expectations from W3C. That being said, there are also plenty of reports and case studies done around SEO rankings and positions based on sites having validation and those that do not. It has no effect on rankings.

That being said, follow general guidelines of coding and structure, but don't stress over perfection.

OPB2273
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by OPB2273 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:28 am

Just like sitecentre says, the W3C expectations are quite high.
Some of it is essential, and I believe Google uses the same criterias for their SEO ranking.
But alot of it I believe is not used as much by Google, and even if it is, they dont put much weight to it.

Check search console, and review your website through there. Speed is an important factor though.

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 3.x”