SEF plugin to Joomla SEF

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla! 3.x. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! 3.x extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
talkativetaurus
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

SEF plugin to Joomla SEF

Post by talkativetaurus » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:48 pm

Hi all, i have been using the plugin SEF wizard by addondev.com and it works well. But i was thinking if i turn on SEF url in Joomla itself (as i think the new version supports it out of the box) will my other url link work wrongly ?

CyrusXxX
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: SEF plugin to Joomla SEF

Post by CyrusXxX » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:31 pm

Hello talkativetaurus, answer to this depends on how you have set up your sef component to generate urls.
If the current urls generated by sef component use same aproach and not modify Joomla way of displaying urls it can work.

But generally speaking what sef components are generating can be reproduced with Joomla only with few additional steps.
Here is one example:

Let us imagine that you have blog on your website and on that blog you would like to remove category part in url so that article would look like example.com/news-alias instead of example.com/category-or-blog-alias/article alias you simply have to create new menu containing menu items with single article view and article itself will inherit it.Users are often using sef components to do the same work but it can be done with just Joomla and little thinking/planning.

So if you are determianted to remove your sef component you can do it even if urls are not the same after switching sef component off simply by playing with menu items.

Give us few examples of your urls and I will give you few tips. ;)
Knowledge is power and power is knowledge.

https://regenesiscomputers.com

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 3.x”