Joomla main page no component

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Borschik
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla main page no component

Postby Borschik » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:53 am

I am using SJ Perty template for Joomla 3.5+ http://demo.smartaddons.com/templates/joomla3/sj-perty/ It looks like it's main page is set up to have positions of modules only, there is no slot for component on the main page.

I added to the top of the in index.php. And my main page still displays no component, while all other pages have duplicates of their articles on top of the page.

Template somehow deletes my component on any page that is set to be the Default one in menu.

I tried adding a module with my component instead, but it makes my browser page title to turn into default one instead of one that I set up in menu item Page Header. Also it makes the main menu item to never gain "active" class to display it in different color for navigation purposes.

Borschik
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Joomla main page no component

Postby Borschik » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:17 pm

Figured it myself. I had a few default not visible menus from template. Somehow Main item from unused menu was appearing instead of a proper Main item. I unpublished it and all problems got fixed.

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”