Removing a slideshow completely

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
zonkd
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Removing a slideshow completely

Post by zonkd » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:52 am

Hello Experts - is there a way to remove a slideshow completely from a template, please? I've been using the www.joomladesigns.co.uk's template 'Progressive' for a friend's website.

It has a very attractive slideshow. However, he doesn't want the slideshow to appear again and asks for it to be removed. In the backend you can switch on/off for the slideshow.

However, turn it off this way, and the slideshow's space remains at the top of the screen and the space is filled with a column of the website's name, repeated.

Presumably, there is a way to simply not have the slideshow nor its space showing?

Cheers to all Joomla fans
paul

annahersh
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Removing a slideshow completely

Post by annahersh » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:17 pm

That's quite bizarre that disabling the slideshow leaves an empty element with the fixed dimensions. I can only assume that yo might be missing the correct setting to disable.

The other option would be to identify the class or ID of the element that is occupying the space and set a CSS rule to remove it eg:

Code: Select all

div.slide-element {display: none !important;}

john-doe
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by john-doe » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:18 am

Are you sure that such slideshow is not listed on the modules manager?
www.aldemar-hernandez.com - Custom templates and design services.

zonkd
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by zonkd » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:39 am

Many thanks, Annahersh and John-Doe.

The closest I've come to stoppng the slideshow from acting as a slideshow was to have it show just one pic.

John-Doe's suggestion seems probably the easiest answer. Yes, it is in the module manager. I set its 'Finish Publishing' date as yesterday.

No change. Still the big picture is where it was. I've tried putting the published status to 'Unpublished', but the picture is still there. The remnant of the slideshow, that one photo, seems determined to stay.

john-doe
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by john-doe » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:25 pm

zonkd wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:39 am
No change. Still the big picture is where it was. I've tried putting the published status to 'Unpublished', but the picture is still there. The remnant of the slideshow, that one photo, seems determined to stay.
Probably is one of those slideshows manages as component with module. If that is the case you should try to disable / delete the group of the current slideshow.

Other option that might be plausible is that slideshow is configurated in Template settings instead of component or module. Some frameworks and / or commercial templates have extra settings on them
www.aldemar-hernandez.com - Custom templates and design services.

zonkd
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by zonkd » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:54 pm

Thanks very much, John-Doe. All noted. Well, well, well, I followed the advice of disabling the pix in the show and - what do you know - the slideshow vanished. (Now to see how it looks on a tablet and phone.) Thanks enormously, JD. My friend will be pleased (I hope).

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”