Image Browse Field Can't Browse Topic is solved

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
railer
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Image Browse Field Can't Browse

Post by railer » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:23 pm

Hello all,

I've run into a peculiar problem and could use some input on solving it.

In my site template, there is a image browse field through which I can place a logo image into the template.
It suddenly stopped working after a site restore. Clicking on "Select" no longer opens a popup window for browsing for an image. And rolling my mouse cursor over the input field displays a circle with a slash in it (no access).

Doesn't appear to be any errors associated with it. It just doesn't work. Same thing applies to similar fields in the Protostar template.

Help?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

railer
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Image Browse Field Can't Browse

Post by railer » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:09 pm

Figured out the solution to this which may, or may not help someone. I had attempted an upgrade from J! 3.6.5 to 3.9.8 but it failed — due to unrelated reasons. It was very late in the day on a Sunday, and since this was a live site, I restored to a backup I'd made earlier that day. But in my fatigue, it looks like I may have restored to a mid-upgrade version by mistake, instead of my first backup. Suffice it to say, there appears to have been a mix of sql upgrade files from different Joomla versions in the mix which were messing things up.

Luckily, I had working version of the site on my development server, which I restored to the live server and the problem went away. Quicker fix than debugging.

john-doe
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Image Browse Field Can't Browse

Post by john-doe » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:23 pm

railer wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:09 pm
Luckily, I had working version of the site on my development server, which I restored to the live server and the problem went away. Quicker fix than debugging.
Sometime works that way, when a site is compromised because some key files are missing. I had a similar case with a prestashop site where live site did not update due an error in files , loaded it on local machine and there were a lot of contaminated files, which were deleted. I had to find an installer of that version, overwrite (almost) all files, do the update and replace live with the clean version.

Ensure as well the server's integrity if possible.
www.aldemar-hernandez.com - Custom templates and design services.

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”