Need help on custom module development

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
shaibustephen
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Need help on custom module development

Post by shaibustephen » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:16 pm

I copied joomla mod_articles_category and renamed it as mod_service_section. I also renamed all the files inside the folder to mod_service_section. Then again, renamed everything relating to mod_articles_category to mod_service_section. Then zip again and upload to get my custom module and actually uploaded but got an error message. Please, view the Screenshot_1 below.
Also, when I click on the module to assign position to it, all everything was disorganized. Please, view the Screenshot_2.

Kindly view the Screenshot_3 to see my complaint on the Screenshot_2.
What can I do to get the renamed mod_article_category in perfect shape without any iota of errors? In otherwise, what is the appreciable method to create a custom module from mod_article_category or anyother so desired?

Here below is the attached copy of the custom module from the default article category module
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_3.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

harperlala
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Need help on custom module development

Post by harperlala » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:06 am

you not create language file.... copy it and rename????

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:19 am

The error message is due to the missing language files.

Try the following:
  • Copy the files en-GB.mod_articles_category.ini and en-GB.mod_articles_category.sys.ini that are located in the directory \language\en-GB to the directory \mod_service_section
  • Rename the files en-GB.mod_articles_category.ini and en-GB.mod_articles_category.sys.ini that are located in the directory \mod_service_section to en-GB.mod_service_section.ini and mod_service_section.sys.ini respectively
  • Edit the files en-GB.mod_service_section.ini and mod_service_section.sys.ini that are located in the directory \mod_service_section and change the language string constants that has reference to the module name to reflect the new module name (ie MOD_ARTICLES_CATEGORY to MOD_SERVICE_SECTION)
  • Zip the directory mod_service_section
Use the zipped file to install the module.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Translations Coordination Team | Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team

Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

shaibustephen
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by shaibustephen » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:38 am

mod_service_section.zip
I have done the same as you directed but when i zipped it and then upload the two new listed files in the directory did not go along with it. View the zipped file and upload at your end and let me know where i got it wrong
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:05 am

Reviewed the files of the extension and installed it. Got the following error as mentioned in the first post of this topic.

Code: Select all

JInstaller: :Install: File does not exist C:\wamp64\www\joomla_39_10_test\tmp\install_5d649bd49c22d\mod_service_section\en-GB.mod_service_section.ini
The error message basically says that the file en-GB.mod_service_section.ini is missing. Reviewing the package reveals that it is indeed the case. The file en-GB.mod_service_section.ini is missing.

Rename the file mod_service_section.ini to en-GB.mod_service_section.ini
Rename the file mod_service_section.sys.ini to en-GB.mod_service_section.sys.ini

Once you take care this, the issue would be gone.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Translations Coordination Team | Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team

Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”