Upgrade from 3.9.12 -> 3.9.13 broke my theme

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Wildhair
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Upgrade from 3.9.12 -> 3.9.13 broke my theme

Post by Wildhair » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:46 pm

My themes menu has a placeholder (labeled 'Content') with submenus for Articles and the Blog. There are two options to create this, System Links, Menu Header or System Links, Menu Separator.

Using System Links, Menu Separator, I had issues with both v3.9.12 and the latest update v3.9.13 where the 'Content' menu was displayed in the theme minus the 2 px border of the others while it's submenus displayed them.
MenuButtonDisplayJoomla3.9.13.png
If I Use System Links, Menu Header, only plain text was shown in v3.9.12, without the padding, text effects or border. Just jammed between the two adjacent buttons.

But in 3.9.13 I get the error below across the header. I tracked it down to this option by viewing the page source and noticing 'Content' was missing between the home and submenu code where the error message display occurred.

Disabling 'Content' or changing the menu back to Menu Separator will stop the error.

The error I'm getting is:

Code: Select all

<b>Warning</b>:  include(/home/xxxxx/yyyyyy.org/administrator/components/com_nicepage/views/controls/menu/default_heading.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/home/xxxxxx/yyyyyy.org/administrator/components/com_nicepage/views/controls/menu/hmenu_template.php</b> on line <b>77</b><br 
The header is garbled and the menu unusable with the 'Menu Header' option is shown below.
6NovError.png

I changed nothing in the theme from v3.9.12 to the v3.9.13. (and I can reproduce this by reverting back to .12 and the updating to .13)

The file in the error message doesn't exist and never has. The only occurrence of this file I found in the entire site directory was with an Akeeba directory. Disabling, then removing Akeeba had no effect on the error in the event anyone asks.

Any ideas what might be causing this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Upgrade from 3.9.12 -> 3.9.13 broke my theme

Post by toivo » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:54 am

Wildhare wrote:The file in the error message doesn't exist and never has.
That is not a Joomla problem. Please report the missing file default_heading.php as a bug to the developer of the Nicepage extension.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Wildhair
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Wildhair » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:48 pm

Thank you both for the response. I'm using the work around while the developer has the steps to reproduce it and deploy a fix.

Toivo, How are you liking Suzhou? I have been there a number of times in the past. Plenty of places to find some great food.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:38 am

Cheers. Suzhou is modern, plenty of e-bikes, e-scooters, couriers and Didi taxis, of course great food, but the air quality sometimes reaches unhealthy AQI levels.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”