Annoying line next to responsive logo Topic is solved

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
shaney1466
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Annoying line next to responsive logo

Post by shaney1466 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:45 pm

Hi to the forum, I decided to redo my old website with Joomla 3.9 and Purity iii template. I wanted to keep things simple on the site and so far so good apart from a dam line to the left of my logo, it only shows up in responsive mode. Would be grateful if somebody could take a look and see where I have messed up.
I have put the site live so you can take a look…… Many thanks
www.windsorlinks.co.uk

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Annoying line next to responsive logo

Post by sozzled » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:10 pm

Interesting combination—J! 3.9 plus Purity iii—but here's the solution. Add the following to the end of your custom.css file

Code: Select all

.off-canvas-toggle + .container .navbar-header .logo {
    border-left: none;
}
You didn't mess up (at least, I don't think so); you just need to override a condition set in the Purity iii template settings. :)
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

shaney1466
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by shaney1466 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:54 pm

Thank you so much for your help, worked like a charm. I am curious as you your comment about the combination I am using, am I doing something that is not the norm…lol

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sozzled » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:33 am

My comment was in relation to the fact that Purity iii template has been around for several years; I used it once upon a time and, according to the developer's website, was last updated about a year ago. It may still be useful but, in my opinion, there may be other/better templates around. My comment was simply a statement about my surprise that this template is still available given its history; it first emerged about six years ago—around the time of J! 3.3—and, in that time, J! has undergone many changes (over sixty releases).

That was all.

Good luck with it. Cheers. 8)
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

shaney1466
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by shaney1466 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:59 pm

I really appreciate the feedback and did not take it as an insult. I built my last site about 5 years ago with Purity that’s why I used it again, I searched Free responsive template and up it popped. Can you recommend a free responsive template that is better / more up to date / easier to use than Purity?
Once again………. Many thanks

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sozzled » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:59 pm

I don't recommend templates (free ones or other ones) but there are dozens of people on these forums who enjoy filling topics with junk/spam/nonsense about the templates that they use or "recommend". My advice, as always, is to do your own research. Good luck.

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”