Dropdown Menu parent text is on top of other text Topic is solved

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Dropdown Menu parent text is on top of other text

Post by sozzled » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:22 pm

The "code" (that I wrote for you) doesn't exist ... until you write it. Therefore, when you're searching for a needle in a haystack, you won't find this "code". Web inspector tools help you to experiment, to outfit your website with customised changes, if you understand how they work. Part of the technique is knowing were to begin looking (and knowing how to isolate those parts from other areas that could be impacted) and the rest of it comes with experience and day-to-day usage. I can't teach that in half an hour.

I make no comment about whether one browser inspector is buggy or not; again, that's just subjective. I use Firefox's developer tools because I've used them for years and they fit comfortably in my hands; ask any carpenter what their favourite tool is and you'll get as many opinions as there are carpenters in the world.

Again, a lot of this free-basing on how-did-you-know-where-to-look discussion can't be answered specifically in one or two short sentences on a discussion forum.
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

dave2479
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Dropdown Menu parent text is on top of other text

Post by dave2479 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:36 am

how can I get the sublevel closer its way too far away to select it? I tried with the margins but no luck!

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”