Suggested template framework

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
pastoweb
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Suggested template framework

Post by pastoweb » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:14 pm

Hi, I'm in the process of restyling a couple of websites built on the T3 framework, I can decide whether to upgrade to the new T4 framework, or move to a completely different one.

Anybody that worked with some of them could advice on the pros and cons of the different solutions?

Thanks in advance!

Pavel-ww
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Suggested template framework

Post by Pavel-ww » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:27 am

Hi. In my opinion, Helix Ultimate is the most flexible and clean code from everything that is in the market. And it's free. If you have CSS skills, you can make anything on it. Try.

pastoweb
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by pastoweb » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:19 am

Thanks Pavel. I think all the frameworks are free, anyway it won't be a problem to spend some bucks if it's worth it.
How about the admin features of the different frameworks, are there any relevant difference?

Chacapamac
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Chacapamac » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:11 am

For the last 2 years, I have tested all important Drag & Drop Page Builder from the JED. I also take the time to test their frameworks because my trusted RocketTheme for more than 12 years (now with Gantry) went in the wrong direction with Joomla.

I test JoomShaper Helix, Joomlart T4, the now-defunct Joomlashine Sun and Joomdev Astroid.

For all my next websites now I choose Astroid from JoomDev, why?
https://www.joomdev.com/astroid

The reasons are simple;

First Astroid is built to be slim and fast with the latest technology web.
Compatible Joomla 4, HTML 5, Bootstrap 4 ...
— See here —> https://www.joomdev.com/astroid/features
The speed of pages compare to Gantry is simply stellar, I was floor when I create my first complex home page.

The one’s I really care about and I surely forget many:

• The easiest & flexible drag & drop layout builder.
— The degree of customization even for newbies is simply impressive.
Note: I can tell you that I’m extremely difficult to please.
— As a Designer first, my criteria number one for my framework of choice was the ability to easily build WHATEVER I have in my head without ANY compromise.

• A great cool refreshing UI-UX.
— Also here, as a designer first and my with knowledge of UI-UX I’m extremely difficult to please

• NO BUGS!!!!!!! (I use it for almost 2 years really extensively)

• All the types of Header/Menu/Logos and tools you ever want
— Normal Horizontal, stacked, Sidebar (collapsed or not), Sticky Header (collapsing & reappearing header/menu on going down and up the page) ...

A great Mega Menu Builder included
— and great possibilities and SEO niceties added to menu items, articles and a lot more integration like Animate.css, Article Facebook Comments, Disqus, HyperComments, IntenseDebate and more

• An excellent, rapide and plaisant efficient support.
— They always find a solution even for the most complex questions I ask them without impatience or unmanageable delay

And ...
Easy body & headers Fonts Control, Multi-device controls on everything, scss support, font awesome, unlimited colours controls and theming, import/export complete or part of the layout in seconds internally or to another template, Lazy Load, HTML/CSS/JS Compression, Retina ready, video background, Parallax, and I can continue like that forever....

ALL THAT WITH THEIR FREE ONBOARD TEMPLATE (Template zero & One)
I always give them a full subscription as it’s necessary to help!

Sadly the other frameworks failed to impress me and achieve my expectations as Astroid did.
Can God help us?
Marketing, SEO, Web development - Powered by Joomla!
http://www.grafcomm.ca/

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”