Error Message: 0 Call to undefined function get_magic_quotes_runtime() when trying to change to new logo

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
japako
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Error Message: 0 Call to undefined function get_magic_quotes_runtime() when trying to change to new logo

Post by japako » Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:11 pm

Hello,
Newbie here, I am using the JSN Reta Pro template and when I go to the template styles and try to change the page logo file to a new logo I get the following error: 0 Call to undefined function get_magic_quotes_runtime()/. Not sure why this is happening, as I have another joomla site with the same hosting company and same template but do not get this error when trying to change to a new logo. Any help would be appreciated.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Error Message: 0 Call to undefined function get_magic_quotes_runtime() when trying to change to new logo

Post by toivo » Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:51 pm

The PHP function get_magic_quotes_runtime() was deprecated in PHP 7.4.0 and removed in PHP 8.0.0.

The paid template JSN Reta was developed for Joomla 3.6 several years ago. It is not compatible with the version of PHP this website is using. The original developer, JoomlaShine, closed its operations in 2021. It is better to find another template than try to fix code in an unsupported extension.

Ref. PHP: get_magic_quotes_runtime
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”