0 - Class "Joomla\Component\Content\Administrator\Extension\ContentComponent" not found Topic is solved

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
kmkm
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

0 - Class "Joomla\Component\Content\Administrator\Extension\ContentComponent" not found

Post by kmkm » Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:03 pm

Joomla! 3.10.11
Template: Shape5_vertex

After updating to 3.10 the problem occurred. Wherever I have 'read more' on my page, then after hitting that I always see message:

0 - Class "Joomla\Component\Content\Administrator\Extension\ContentComponent" not found

You may not be able to visit this page because of:
an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
a mistyped address
you have no access to this page
The requested resource was not found.
An error has occurred while processing your request.
Please try one of the following pages:

Home Page
If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site and report the error below.

Class "Joomla\Component\Content\Administrator\Extension\ContentComponent" not found

---
If I remove 'Read more', the full page displays fine (as one section in the news feed). After adding the 'read more' back, the page also shows fine (as one section in the news feed), just when you click on 'read more', the error message appears.
If you search for the article using the search engine and then click on the result, you cannot see the article, just the error message.

Any ideas how to fix it? Thanks.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: 0 - Class "Joomla\Component\Content\Administrator\Extension\ContentComponent" not found

Post by toivo » Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:49 pm

Welcome to the Joomla forum!

kmkm wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:03 pm
Joomla! 3.10.11
Template: Shape5_vertex

After updating to 3.10 the problem occurred. Wherever I have 'read more' on my page, then after hitting that I always see message:

Did you just install this template into the website after updating the site to Joomla 3.10.11?

The template is not compatible with Joomla 3.10.11. It has a template override of the article view of com_content, which refers to a class available only in Joomla 4. The following workaround will get rid of this particular error but more errors may occur.

Rename the folder templates/shape5_vertex/html/com_content/article to article-gone or similar and try to access an article. If that does not work, uninstall this template and use Protostart or another template, compatible with Joomla 3.10.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

kmkm
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: 0 - Class "Joomla\Component\Content\Administrator\Extension\ContentComponent" not found

Post by kmkm » Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:49 am

I had the template on my site before.
https://www.joomlart.com/member/downloa ... /s5-vertex
S5 Vertex Template should be Ok for Joomla 3.x. But perhaps it's not.

I did several updates - newer Joomla and update to PHP 8. And then indeed I had to update the S5 Vertex template as well.
I guess the PHP update might have corrupted the 'Read more' links... (?)

> templates/shape5_vertex/html/com_content/article to article-gone
Amazing!
I thought - let's try but that would fix only the problem with one specific article but hell no - now all the articles what have 'read more' options are available : )
Thanks a lot!

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:47 am

That is good news! The renaming of the file got rid of the template override for articles and let the Joomla core com_content render them.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”