Accessibility Issues - Can't Locate on Joomla Topic is solved

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
sbailey1
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Accessibility Issues - Can't Locate on Joomla

Post by sbailey1 » Thu May 18, 2023 1:12 pm

Hi.

Wondering if anyone can help. We are in the process of doing an accessibility audit on our website.

On one of our form pages, axe DevTools has identified a few things, but I can't seem to work out where I can change these.

This is the page we are testing - https://sthelens.ac.uk/kcc-course-enquiry - and as you can see from the attached document, there are 21 issues identified with the accessibility. When I've tried to look into the issues and fix them, I just can't work out where they are being controlled.

I contacted RSForm Pro who we use for our forms, who said it wasn't an issue with the form, that it was our template. They suggested us just using ?tmpl=component at the end to block any of the themes/modules etc pulling through (https://sthelens.ac.uk/kcc-course-enqui ... =component). However, we want the page to look like our website, and this strips everything away. One thing we did realise is that when we strip away everything else, it passes the accessibility issues, so the issues must be with our theme.

I just can't work out where the bits I need to amend are contained.

Any help will be very much appreciated, as I'm pulling my hair out trying to work it all out.

Thank you in advance,
Sam
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mr. Wimpy
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Accessibility Issues - Can't Locate on Joomla

Post by Mr. Wimpy » Sat May 20, 2023 2:04 pm

Okay, fixing the below should solve most, if not all issues.

You have hidden forms with similar IDs:
- Two(?) signup forms for MailChimp
- And a form for School Leavers' Open Event Pre-Registration Form

The class that hides them is .eb-hide()
The forms seem to be located in a popup (Engagebox).

Do you need these forms on this page?
If not: see if you can prevent them from loading (in Engagebox???).
If yes: see if you can rename IDs of input fields in RSForms. (recomended)

Now I don't know RSForms, but I know some form extensions get the ID from the input field name (not label).

To make my IDs/names unique I always include a word that describes the form with my fieldnames: i.e. enquiry_surname, enquiry_firstname, schoolleavers_surname, etc.

Tip: the aria-labels in the input fields in the enquiry form are redundant as the labels already have a for=" ".

Regards,
Wim

sbailey1
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Accessibility Issues - Can't Locate on Joomla

Post by sbailey1 » Mon May 22, 2023 8:12 am

Hi Wim.

I honestly can't thank you enough. This has fixed everything.

it was the forms that we'd embedded in Engagebox.

Seriously THANK YOUUUU!!!!

Sam

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”