Resizing positions in Joomla! 3.0

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
cyrus999
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Resizing positions in Joomla! 3.0

Post by cyrus999 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:18 pm

Hi all, I am relatively new to Joomla, and totally new to Joomla forum. I am building the website in Joomla 3.0, using the default Beez3 template. I have problem with my menu that is in the top position and have 7 menu items:

When choices has names that are short, everything is ok, since whole menu is shorter and all items are clickable. But when I change the language of my website, using the names of menu items that are longer, my last two items are not clickable. I assume that has to do with dimension of the position, since menu is using a lot of website layout width (since it has 7 items).

So my questions are if this is surely issue regarding position dimensions and if yes, how the position dimensions can be changed?

I am sorry if I missed the section. My website is not online.

Regards,

cyrus

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Resizing positions in Joomla! 3.0

Post by Webdongle » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:02 pm

Perhaps try a 3rd party menu module ? http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... nu-systems
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"When I'm right no one remembers but when I'm wrong no one forgets".

cyrus999
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by cyrus999 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:00 am

I assumed that it can be done via menu extensions, but I wanted to do it my way, by modifying some .css probably. So want to do it without installing any extensions.

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by humvee » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:52 am

Well probably with template overrides or creating a copy of the whole template itself saved under a different name and developing it as your own template, that way it would not get overwritten by future updates. You would have to watch for any significant changes such as bug/security fixes that would have direct implications for that template in the future however.

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by humvee » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:53 am

[Mod note: Moved from 3.0 General Forum to 3.0 Beez3 Forum;]
To help you, in the future, find the correct forum for your topic please read the Which forum to post your question that I have put together.

cyrus999
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by cyrus999 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:15 pm

Thank you for your answer:) I know I have to customize the template, that is part of my question... Just not sure which parameters to modify (probably in some *.css rather than *.php file).

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”