Customfieldgroup not show in Helix3 Frontend

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
mkampstra
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Customfieldgroup not show in Helix3 Frontend

Post by mkampstra » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:54 am

I tested the new custom field option from joomla 3.7(.4), put them in a nice group and wanted to check.
In backend (original Joomla template) I can see and edit the fields within the right fieldgroup @ the tabs.

In frontend i use Helix3 framework and standard template, V2.1 but out the the fieldgroups do not appear between the tabs when adding or editing an article.

When switch to protostar template it does work OK. in frontend and backend... But in Beez3 it does not work.
Something is missing, but what and where?

Can someone help me?

Best regards.

andypooz
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Customfieldgroup not show in Helix3 Frontend

Post by andypooz » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:21 pm

I suspect it's the template overrides haven't been updated in your template for the new custom field functionality. If you go to
[yourtemplate]/html/com_content/edit.php
If you rename that file (I usually as .bk to the file name, but whatever your preference) then refresh the add/edit page, the edit layout used should be the default joomla one, which has the custom fields stuff included.
If that works (but it probably won't look pretty), then you know its a override issue and you need to get in touch with your template provider to ask them about updating for the new custom fields functionality.
If that didn't work, then restore the name of the edit.php.bk file back to edit.php. In this case I'm not sure what the issue is.
Andy Hickey
Bespoke Joomla Extension Developer
http://www.netamity.com

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by leolam » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:04 pm

mkampstra wrote:Can someone help me?
I have read the issue and like to know each step you have done creating a custom filed...where/how / etc

I need that info to be able to try to replicate this since you intrigue me by claiming (no offense) that you have all ok in Protostar and not in Beez (i.e also not in Helix-2) so as a member of the JBS and J! CMS-release team I like to test your situation 1:1 but need your input to see if i can replicate this.

Leo 8)
Joomla's #1 Professional Services Provider:
#Joomla Professional Support: https://gws-desk.com -
#Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions: https://gws-host.com -

mkampstra
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by mkampstra » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:08 am

leolam wrote: I like to test your situation 1:1 but need your input to see if i can replicate this.

Leo 8)
I PM'ed you Leo, More 1:1 it ain't going to be..

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by leolam » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:25 am

mkampstra wrote:I PM'ed you Leo, More 1:1 it ain't going to be..
I have replied to you that I/my company do not provide 1:1 support onsite unless commercial support is purchased. I cannot do that toward our hundreds of clients who pay for our support. I provide intuitive and KB support here on the forums but if access is required I have to step aside as you will understand hopefully.

Leo 8)
Joomla's #1 Professional Services Provider:
#Joomla Professional Support: https://gws-desk.com -
#Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions: https://gws-host.com -

mkampstra
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by mkampstra » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:19 am

I fully understand, It means the end of support here. I'll try andypooz's solution.

DrDigital
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by DrDigital » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:40 pm

Anyone have any knowledge on how to override the fields? I am using the url ones, I have 3 socials fields ina socials group. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram. However I got these very long links in the front end. Id like to remove the links, make the social icon the link and make the url a title, make this use target _blank and add rel nofollow... But I cant seem to find in the code where its done to override it :/

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”