Why can't I install Rockettheme in Joomla 3.8.3?

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
RoomForJoom
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Why can't I install Rockettheme in Joomla 3.8.3?

Post by RoomForJoom » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:51 pm

I tell ya, every step I take with Joomla and the other CMS is freaking torture! NOTHING goes easy! >:(

I am trying to install a Rocket theme template, or Rocket Launcher in Joomla 3.8.3.

First of all, when I go to Extensions, Install Extensions, it says "Maximum upload size is 2M. The The Rocket Launcher is a lot larger than 2M. Why is that?

So I tried to install the regular theme instead. But it did not install.

I got the error below. What do I have to do to get this stuff to work? Why is this so difficult? Is it my hosting service?
Error
There was an error uploading this file to the server.
Maximum PHP file upload size is too small: This is set in php.ini in both upload_max_filesize and post_max_size settings of your PHP settings (located in php.ini and/or .htaccess file).
Unable to find install package
I appreciate you! 8)

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Why can't I install Rockettheme in Joomla 3.8.3?

Post by AMurray » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:08 am

.....when I go to Extensions, Install Extensions, it says "Maximum upload size is 2M. The The Rocket Launcher is a lot larger than 2M. Why is that? Why is this so difficult? Is it my hosting service?
Do you mean (a) "why is the limit 2M" or (b) "why is the Rocket Launcher theme bigger than 2M". ???

For the answer to (a), the file upload limit is a server setting, not in Joomla itself. You would need to ask your host to adjust it, or ask how you can adjust it if permitted to do so (through cPanel for example).
I got the error below. "unable to find install package" What do I have to do to get this stuff to work?
The error concerning this may be caused by the file upload limit, but another cause could be that the package is contained within a secondary Zip file inside the first, so you need to "unzip" it and extract the second ZIP file; then install that through the Extension Manager as usual. (first checking on the file upload limit issue).

I suspect that you get the "unable to find install package" error because it can't find the XML file required to install it due to the reason explained above.
Last edited by AMurray on Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

RoomForJoom
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by RoomForJoom » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:13 am

Thanks.

But I did install a joomla template a couple of years ago...
I'll contact my hosting service.
I appreciate you! 8)

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by gws » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:10 am

Rocket launcher is a full joomla install with the rockettheme pre installed, you cant install that via joomla. You need just the rockettheme template and associated Gantry library to install on an existing joomla site.

RoomForJoom
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by RoomForJoom » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:40 pm

gws wrote:Rocket launcher is a full joomla install with the rockettheme pre installed, you cant install that via joomla. You need just the rockettheme template and associated Gantry library to install on an existing joomla site.
Oh, that's right! I will have to install it in a new directory without Joomla. Thank you for reminding me of that.

Cheers!
I appreciate you! 8)

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”