Missing Modules

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
northbra
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:52 pm

Missing Modules

Postby northbra » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:28 pm

On the home page, all modules appear at the bottom of the page, but on all other pager appear in corect positions left or right. website is www.northbradley.org.uk

User avatar
sozzled
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso
Posts: 4868
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:30 am
Location: Canberra, Australia
Contact:

Re: Missing Modules

Postby sozzled » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:04 pm

The subject of this topic is "Missing Modules". What modules, specifically, are "missing"?

The fact that various existing modules appear all over the place is a "feature" of your site template and a consequence of the module positions available [to that template] and what positions you assigned those modules to in the Extensions » Modules facility of your administration site.
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
Former member of Kunena project team
If you think I’m wrong then say “I think you're wrong.” If you say “You’re wrong!”, how do you know?

northbra
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:52 pm

Re: Missing Modules

Postby northbra » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:06 pm

sozzled wrote:The subject of this topic is "Missing Modules". What modules, specifically, are "missing"?

The fact that various existing modules appear all over the place is a "feature" of your site template and a consequence of the module positions available [to that template] and what positions you assigned those modules to in the Extensions » Modules facility of your administration site.


I have not changed anything. The modules do appear on the home page, but at the bottom of the page and not down the sides as they do on other pages.

User avatar
sozzled
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso
Posts: 4868
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:30 am
Location: Canberra, Australia
Contact:

Re: Missing Modules

Postby sozzled » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:14 pm

northbra wrote:I have not changed anything. The modules do appear on the home page, but at the bottom of the page and not down the sides as they do on other pages.
Thank you for the clarification. So there are no missing modules, as such. Everything you want to see is there but the modules appear in the wrong places. Is that a better summary of your problem?
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
Former member of Kunena project team
If you think I’m wrong then say “I think you're wrong.” If you say “You’re wrong!”, how do you know?

northbra
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:52 pm

Re: Missing Modules

Postby northbra » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:02 am

sozzled wrote:
northbra wrote:I have not changed anything. The modules do appear on the home page, but at the bottom of the page and not down the sides as they do on other pages.
Thank you for the clarification. So there are no missing modules, as such. Everything you want to see is there but the modules appear in the wrong places. Is that a better summary of your problem?


Yes correct, they are in the correct places on all other pages, but I have not changed anything.

User avatar
sozzled
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso
Posts: 4868
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:30 am
Location: Canberra, Australia
Contact:

Re: My modules appear in the wrong places on my website. How can I place them where I want them?

Postby sozzled » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:11 am

Thank you for confirming what I thought. Notice I have changed the subjec in my reply to something more meaningful.

The answer is as I wrote before: you need to assign the modules—the ones that appear at "the bottom of the page" to a different template position. Unfortunately (for you), it is late in my day—having waited 12 hours for your reply—and I will not be returning to this forum for another 10-12 hours. I will leave you to read about modules positions.

I may look at your website later—meaning, not today—to see what you mean by "the modules appear in the correct places on other pages". Unless, perhaps, you're using a different template on these "other" pages? I don't know. Needs more explanation; needs more investigation; I don't have the time to do this today.
Good luck. :)
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
Former member of Kunena project team
If you think I’m wrong then say “I think you're wrong.” If you say “You’re wrong!”, how do you know?

northbra
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:52 pm

Re: My modules appear in the wrong places on my website. How can I place them where I want them?

Postby northbra » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:49 am

sozzled wrote:Thank you for confirming what I thought. Notice I have changed the subjec in my reply to something more meaningful.

The answer is as I wrote before: you need to assign the modules—the ones that appear at "the bottom of the page" to a different template position. Unfortunately (for you), it is late in my day—having waited 12 hours for your reply—and I will not be returning to this forum for another 10-12 hours. I will leave you to read about modules positions.

I may look at your website later—meaning, not today—to see what you mean by "the modules appear in the correct places on other pages". Unless, perhaps, you're using a different template on these "other" pages? I don't know. Needs more explanation; needs more investigation; I don't have the time to do this today.
Good luck. :)


Thank you. The same template is being used for all pages, and all modules are set to the same position, but on the front page they have started to appear at the bottom.

northbra
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:52 pm

Re: My modules appear in the wrong places on my website. How can I place them where I want them?

Postby northbra » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:09 pm

northbra wrote:
sozzled wrote:Thank you for confirming what I thought. Notice I have changed the subjec in my reply to something more meaningful.

The answer is as I wrote before: you need to assign the modules—the ones that appear at "the bottom of the page" to a different template position. Unfortunately (for you), it is late in my day—having waited 12 hours for your reply—and I will not be returning to this forum for another 10-12 hours. I will leave you to read about modules positions.

I may look at your website later—meaning, not today—to see what you mean by "the modules appear in the correct places on other pages". Unless, perhaps, you're using a different template on these "other" pages? I don't know. Needs more explanation; needs more investigation; I don't have the time to do this today.
Good luck. :)


Thank you. The same template is being used for all pages, and all modules are set to the same position, but on the front page they have started to appear at the bottom.


Thank you for your help, now solved. A recent post had somehow upset the formatting on the homepage.


Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests