Link color and underlining does not show

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
dlockesf
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Link color and underlining does not show

Post by dlockesf » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:57 pm

When I create an article using the editor page, links are blue and underlined. However on the published page, they are neither blue nor underlined. I have to format them manually to make it clear they are links.

My browser is Chrome 63.0.3239.132

I'm using Joomla 3.8, updated today, and js_onyx template.

I'm probably overlooking some obvious step...please advise.
Last edited by imanickam on Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved the topics from the forum General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x to the forum Templates for Joomla! 3.x

sozzled
I've been banned!

Re: Link color and underlining does not show

Post by sozzled » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:09 pm

dlockesf wrote:When I create an article using the editor page, links are blue and underlined. However on the published page, they are neither blue nor underlined.
The reasons that your <A> tags are not underlined and blue (when you view the page with the site template operating) is because of CSS loaded with the template. When you're editing pages in the backend, you're using the CSS loaded by the backend template (probably Isis).

The problem is that there are thousands of templates available for Joomla and there are millions of Joomla websites around the world and no two websites are identical. I don't know anything about the JS Onyx template (except that it was designed by JoomlaShack); even so, I would imagine that JoomlaShack provide you with the means to override the CSS used by <A> tags.

Does that help?

dlockesf
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Link color and underlining does not show

Post by dlockesf » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:17 am

If you mean I should contact Joomlashack for assistance, yes it helps.

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”