Help needed with mobile responsive header

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
rolfcarol
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Help needed with mobile responsive header

Post by rolfcarol » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:13 pm

I am using Artisteer for templating for my joomla sites. I have a site where the header is fine on a computer and on mobile devices when in landscape mode. when a mobile device goes to portrait mode the image in the header is preceded by 'white space' at the top. the site is http://www.thechildrenstheatre.org/. the template zip folder is too large to attach but can be downloaded at : http://www.thechildrenstheatre.org/a_23.zip any assistance will be appreciated. also changing line 823 in template.css from 550px to auto results in the image and menu from disapearing off the screen. I have been working on this for weeks and am at my wits end. Please help.

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Help needed with mobile responsive header

Post by gws » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:30 am

Unfortunately Artisteer templates are known to cause problems, if possible change your template.

rolfcarol
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by rolfcarol » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:01 pm

Thank you for your reply. Since my skills are not up to snuff yet, any suggestions as to packages that help with templating?

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by gws » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:36 am

As your site is quite a simple one you could easily recreate it using the joomla default template protostar. You could install akeeba backup on your live site make a backup and download it to your computer, install Xamp or similar and develop your new site locally on your computer and when satisfied upload it to your web domain.

d0ugal
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by d0ugal » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:13 am

Hi rolfcarol :)
It looks like your header image 'withname_s.png' is inside a div with class="custom", which in turn is inside your header with class="art-header"- but only at larger sizes. When one gets down to mobile size the div with class="custom" is now below, or outside the header with class="art-header". That space at the top IS the header, and you need to put your custom div back inside it... I don't use artisteer so I can't fix it for you, but hopefully this points you in the right direction?

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”