Template builder

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
net1media
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Template builder

Post by net1media » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:59 pm

What is the best joomla template builder software? Thanks

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Template builder

Post by AMurray » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:03 am

Most users of Joomla probably use pre-existing templates. Professional developers would hand-code them for precise control.

There's thousands of templates on the web; some come as 'quickstart' packages including Joomla itself, and the extensions to make it function like the demos's you see. (you will see mentioned on the forum this method is not recommended for production sites, but OK for evaluation and testing, due to the issues you might run into when updating Joomla).

If you want a template builder try Artiseer (if that's what you mean by "template builder"). Apparently they are the "first and only" product of its type....
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:05 am

If you mean something else, such as SP Page Builder or similar, try here:

There many extensions to help you build fancier pages, with minimal coding /development knowledge, beyond the joomla basics, the page builder extensions compliment this.

If you want a recommendation, I would say SP Page Builder. They have a free version and pro version: https://extensions.joomla.org/extension ... e-builder/ or others in the same category: https://extensions.joomla.org/category/ ... struction/
Last edited by AMurray on Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Regards - A Murray

net1media
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by net1media » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:06 am

Thanks

net1media
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by net1media » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:05 am

I am looking for something like Artisteer to build the template, but cheaper what else can you recommend that is similar to artisteer. Thanks

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:18 am

I don't use such products. I mentioned Artiseer as it's the only product I know of that does that.

The alternative is to learn HTML and CSS and create your own, you can start with https://docs.joomla.org/Creating_a_basi ... !_template.
Regards - A Murray

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:13 am

I will be honest here and provide the only possible answer that anyone can give.

The best template builder for Joomla is (a) one that works, (b) one that is priced within one's budget, (c) one that can build a template within one week, (d) one that comes with a 140-page instruction manual (plus video tutorial), and (e) one that will survive any structural changes in J! and is compatible with everything else on one's website. If you can find all of those things on one package then it's the best.

I haven't found one like this myself and so I stick to using templates that are properly constructed and maintained by professionals.

net1media
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by net1media » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:06 pm

Thanks

TheRam
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by TheRam » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:05 am

I use template toaster

macphoto
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by macphoto » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:25 pm

There are a list of [b][url=https://www.themexpert.com/blog/5-best- ... ge-builder]TEMPLATE BUILDERS[/url][/b] listed in this article. However, I believe [url=http://www.artisteer.com/?p=downloads][b]Artisteer[/b][/url] offers the best bang for your money because it services CMS's other than Joomla. If your workflow is exclusive to Joomla, you may want to review these other choices that may fit your need and budget.

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”