How to change font size of protostar menu

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
sulla2018
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

How to change font size of protostar menu

Post by sulla2018 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:47 pm

I set protostar's main menu from position 7 (right bar) to position 1,
I changed main menu layout from vertical to horizontal. But the font size of menu text is too small, I need to change font size, menu background color. I tried to update template.css, always no change.

Which line should I add in order to solve this issue?

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: How to change font size of protostar menu

Post by imanickam » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:54 am

If you using the module position position-1 for the menu module, do you have the text string " nav-pills" (of course, without double-quotes) as the Module Class Suffix of the menu module? If not, I would recommend having it. This option is available in the tab Advanced when you open the menu module for Edit.
sulla2018 wrote:I tried to update template.css, always no change
It is recommended that you do not change anything in the file template.css. Rather, have a file named user.css in the directory \templates\protostar\css and have your modified/new css entries in that file. With this approach, even if the template files are modified in the next release of Joomla, the update will not overwrite the file user.css and your changes will not be lost.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Global Moderators Team | Translations Coordination Team | Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team

Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by AMurray » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:54 pm

That should be " nav-pills" - without the quotes but with the leading space before the word "nav-".
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

sulla2018
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sulla2018 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:04 pm

imanickam wrote:If you using the module position position-1 for the menu module, do you have the text string " nav-pills" (of course, without double-quotes) as the Module Class Suffix of the menu module? If not, I would recommend having it. This option is available in the tab Advanced when you open the menu module for Edit.
sulla2018 wrote:I tried to update template.css, always no change
It is recommended that you do not change anything in the file template.css. Rather, have a file named user.css in the directory \templates\protostar\css and have your modified/new css entries in that file. With this approach, even if the template files are modified in the next release of Joomla, the update will not overwrite the file user.css and your changes will not be lost.

thank you very much, solved

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”