Customizing Site Title in Header

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
vincitygialam
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Customizing Site Title in Header

Post by vincitygialam » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:11 am

Hi, all

I copied the Atomic template and made the copy the active one and am now learning how to customize a template.

I know that the title in the text in the header is set in "Site -> Global Configuration -> Site tab -> Site Name", but I want to have the site's title on two lines by using a <br /> tag in the title. Do I need to modify the index.php file or is there a different/better way?

How do I do this?

Thanks for anyone's help!

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Customizing Site Title in Header

Post by AMurray » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:53 am

Does the template have configuration options for the Site name.? I'm not familiar with "Atomic" template.

I guess the way is as you suggest, edit the template's index.php file is one way to do this. However that might be overridden if any updates for the template are installed.

Is the template for Joomla 3.x? I found several references to templates called "Atomic" in a Google search, so I don't know exactly what you're using (please provide a link to the template provider).

I found sites such as http://a4joomla.com/joomla-templates/pa ... tomic.html and https://templates.joomla-monster.com/jo ... phy-atomic so it would be useful to know which one you actually are using (it might be neither of these two examples).
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

KianWilliam
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Customizing Site Title in Header

Post by KianWilliam » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:15 am

In index.php file, you can modify title this way:
$title = $this->getTitle();
$this->setTitle($title.'-'.$yourstuff);
now in multiple lines I have never tried it, try:
$this->setTitle($title.'some space or character or several ----- in a row'.$yourstuff);
as much as you need to push it to the next line, or \t or some non-alphanumeric character
$this->setTitle($title.'\n'.$yourstuff);
I doubt '\n' or '<br />' works.
Also changes will be gone if you update template, it is in index.php
Kian William

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”