I want to remove Apptha HdVideoShare Template but fail Topic is solved

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
shih789
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

I want to remove Apptha HdVideoShare Template but fail

Post by shih789 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:58 pm

I want to uninstall a template called HD video. However, joomla can't remove it thoroughly.

This is the file I want to uninstall:
螢幕快照 2018-10-13 下午11.56.30.png
The system message is :
Warning
Package Uninstall: Missing manifest file.

Does anyone know how to remove this Package?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

annahersh
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: I want to remove Apptha HdVideoShare Template but fail

Post by annahersh » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:48 am

The files may be deleted. Does the extension appear in the component list? What you see in the extension manger is being read from the database. If the files do not exist, you can delete the entry manually from the _extensions table via your host's control panel database manager. If there are DB tables related to the extension, you should delete those.

shih789
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

This message in error_log of site keeps repeating, can I solve it?

Post by shih789 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:12 am

My site works OK now, because it hasn't go live. However, I saw the error log is FULL of this same message as below:

[17-Oct-2018 07:59:01 UTC] PHP Warning: include_once(): Failed opening '/home/erzuydhx/public_html/components/com_contushdvideoshare/helper.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php72/usr/share/pear') in /home/erzuydhx/public_html/plugins/content/hvsarticle/hvsarticle.php on line 16

"hvsarticle" is a video sharing template I installed for trial but don't need it anymore. I hope not to see this message again. I have uninstalled it from my Joomla Back-end.

Then, I searched the "hvsarticle" in my joomla file. I found the file of that name and deleted already. However, this message still keeps coming up. Does anyone understand this message and how to get it disappear in my error_log?
Last edited by toivo on Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: merged with the current topic, cross posting not allowed - see the forum rules https://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=65

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: This message in error_log of site keeps repeating, can I solve it?

Post by toivo » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:16 am

The video sharing component uses a content plugin that needs a file from the component folder you removed. Go to Extensions - Plugins and search for the content plugin 'hvsarticle', then uninstall.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

shih789
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by shih789 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:25 am

At my joomla backend, I can't find a plugin called "hvsarticle". The only thing I still see related to that template is as below:
螢幕快照 2018-10-17 上午10.20.12.png
But this file can't be uninstalled at my Backend, the message joomla shows are:
Warning
Package Uninstall: Missing manifest file.

I also went to the database and deleted the form related to it. However, didn't see any differences.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:29 am

Components and packages are uninstalled from Extensions - Manage. If you remove the folder, the manifest file is gone but the extensions table in the database still has a row containing the details of the extension.

If the PHP warning about the missing file is still written to the PHP error log, the content plugin 'hvsarticle' needs to be disables or uninstalled. Its files are still in the file system and it is also included in the extensions table in the database, but you could disable it from there. Obviously it would be better to uninstall it if the plugin is now useless. It may be known by another name, if you list all the content plugins in Extensions - Plugins.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”