How to insert image and change text colour on replicated header Topic is solved

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
curtislholt
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

How to insert image and change text colour on replicated header

Post by curtislholt » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:33 pm

So I have just replicated my landing page header and put on the design menu with a few changes. How do I change the image and the text color. On the original module this is changed in the template.
Regards
I have attached an image of my issue
Curtis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sozzled
I've been banned!

Re: How to insert image and change text colour on replicated header

Post by sozzled » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:52 pm

curtislholt wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:33 pm
So I have just replicated my landing page header ...
I don't understand the terminology "replicated my landing page header". If you mean that you took an idea from a third-party template designer and you modified the part of the template (where the big dark area appears) then say so. The header of a website page is that part of the HTML code that begins with

Code: Select all

<head>
</head>
... therefore the term "header" is ambiguous.

curtislholt wrote:
... and put on the design menu with a few changes.
I don't know what a "design menu" means, sorry. Maybe you mean the dark area shown in the image?

curtislholt wrote:
How do I change the image and the text color.
What image? Can you be more specific please? There is a lot of text on the picture of the website page. Which specific text do you want to change the colour of?

Pictures of website pages are kind of like roadmaps: they should give a general idea about where a person can find where they're going ... buy a roadmap is not the same as the territory. I can't help you based on the information you've given, sorry.

curtislholt
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: How to insert image and change text colour on replicated header

Post by curtislholt » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:43 pm

sozzled wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:52 pm
curtislholt wrote:
So I have just replicated my landing page header ...
I don't understand the terminology "replicated my landing page header". If you mean that you took an idea from a third-party template designer and you modified the part of the template (where the big dark area appears) then say so. The header of a website page is that part of the HTML code that begins with

Code: Select all

<head>
</head>
... therefore the term "header" is ambiguous.

curtislholt wrote:
... and put on the design menu with a few changes.
I don't know what a "design menu" means, sorry. Maybe you mean the dark area shown in the image?

curtislholt wrote:
How do I change the image and the text color.
What image? Can you be more specific please? There is a lot of text on the picture of the website page. Which specific text do you want to change the colour of?

Pictures of website pages are kind of like roadmaps: they should give a general idea about where a person can find where they're going ... buy a roadmap is not the same as the territory. I can't help you based on the information you've given, sorry.
Hello,
Sorry for any confusion by the landing page header I mean the slideshow image you get on the homepage. I duplicated the module and assigned on to the design page on the menu (design menu) apologies for the lack of explanation. I have fixed my issue now, replicated the template and assigned it to design but thanks for your help and I apologies for my lack of explanation.
Regards
Curtis

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”