Navigation covers logo - RocketTheme Sienna

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
tat2d
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Navigation covers logo - RocketTheme Sienna

Post by tat2d » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:29 pm

Hello,
I am using the Sienna template from RocketTheme (not a current subscriber - employer won't renew) for my client's website. On smaller screens, the top navigation covers the logo on the left.
Has anyone else run into this issue? How can I fix it? I'd prefer the navigation roll over to another line than cover the logo, but I'm not sure how to fix it.
Thank you!
https://staging.comfortsuitesmiamiairport.com
2019-01-15 11_28_15-.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Navigation covers logo - RocketTheme Sienna

Post by AMurray » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:54 pm

Won't the client pay for the new subscription of the template - that would be part of your charge to them surely?

That aside, all I can deduce is you have too many menu items which won't fit in the designated space - and I see also the "Accessibility Information" menu item has 'wrapped' to the next line. Perhaps changing that simply to "Accessibility" will fix that issue.

Secondly it may not be what your client wants, but could you make a parent menu item called "Accommodation" and place "Rooms" and "Amenities" as child items? that may reduce the main menu items shown, and therefore won't cover the logo.

There may be some way to shift the logo to the left a little, but it may mess up the entire template - and given RT produced it, they would be the best to approach about any permanent solutions.
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

tat2d
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Navigation covers logo - RocketTheme Sienna

Post by tat2d » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:28 pm

Thank you for your suggestions. I also think the only way to solve the issue is to reduce the navigation items. I've seen other websites using the mobile menu (3 lines), so I may suggest that as well. There are other issues I'm having with this template and the logo on some of their other property websites, so we may have to pick a different template all together, but I'm also going to tell the boss we need access to RT forums. It's just a bummer that unless you have a paid sub to their templates, you can't access their forums, even to search through other people's posts.

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”