Joomla Template Unable to Install

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Racquel1
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla Template Unable to Install

Post by Racquel1 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:46 am

I am very very new to Joomla. However, I constantly getting this message when I am uploading the template. I
realized that configuration.php, Temp folder and Log folder status indicate as unwriteable. Ihonestly don't know what to do to or how to change them to writeable. Can someone please guide me on the steps. Thank you in advance,
Warning
JFolder::create: Could not create folder.Path: /home/packages
Warning: Failed to move file: /tmp/phpz7KTqf to /home/packages/qi/SOURCES/tmp-joomla/-joomla/-joomla/helixultimate_template_j3_v1.1.1.zip

Error
Unable to find install package
Last edited by imanickam on Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Moved topic » from General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x to Templates for Joomla! 3.x. Also, per Forum Rule, changed the case of the Subject from ALL UPPERCASE to Mixed Case.

AMurray
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: JOOMLA TEMPLATE UNABLE TO INSTALL

Post by AMurray » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:29 am

Just a guess here but you might be installing the wrong download thinking it's just the template, but it could be the quickstart pack.

You need the *template only* pack to install it in JOomla, otherwise, with the Quick start pack, you start a new / clean install - which includes Joomla, the template, any plugins and extensions, along with sample content, giving you the fully working demo.

Referring to https://www.joomshaper.com/downloads/te ... ixultimate, as you can see; there are two downloads - (1) Quickstart pack and (2) template. Which one have you downloaded?

That aside, if you have downloaded the correct pack, there may be file permission errors somewhere.

Can you run the FPA and provide the report, (copy and paste) into a reply on this thread. The FPA will give us an indication of the file permissions. Refer to https://forumpostassistant.github.io/docs/ for the FPA script / utility, that you simply upload to your Joomla folder, and run from the browser.

Otherwise, for such specific help, your hosting provider should be able to assist with changing the file permissions if you're not familiar how to do it.
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

diaz365
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Joomla Template Unable to Install

Post by diaz365 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:01 pm

back-end see extension > manger

you need to get to the uninstall.
part of the install manager.

see pics.
there you need find site templates.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

X-Bumble
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Joomla Template Unable to Install

Post by X-Bumble » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:23 pm

If you are being told your folders are unwriteable then you need to speak to your web hosting company and ask them to change them. If you have access to your server by something like Plesk or C-Panel you can change them yourself. Just explain to your web guys and they can do this easily for you.

You need to be very careful here as you want Joomla to have access, but not open them up to anyone. Make sure those folders have a value of 644 and NOT 777.

Give me a shout if you get stuck.
Michael Edwards - UK Web developer and Designer - http://www.michaeledwards.me.uk

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”