Template settings via the frontend in case of more then one template styles

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
p-roos
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Template settings via the frontend in case of more then one template styles

Post by p-roos » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:12 pm

If I assign a different template(style) to the homepage (or another page) and want to change the template settings via the frontend (with the same template style), a strange thing will happen. After saving the new template settings, the menu assingment to other template(styles) then the default will dissapear (menu assignment is empty). I used firefox and Safari, in both browsers this will happen.

To be sure, I used a clean install of Joomla with only the templates beez and protostar:

Is this a bug or is it not possible to change the template settings via the frontend if you use more then one template styles at your website ?

p-roos
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Template settings via the frontend

Post by p-roos » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:02 am

I tested above also on a Joomla 4 (alpha 11) site with the Cassiopeia template and then the menu assignment to another template style (copy of the cassiopeia template) will NOT dissapear.

But : it's only possible to change the template settings at the front-endof the default template (style).

Why is it not possible to change the template settings via the front-end of the other template styles (like at the backend) ?

I am asking this because I would like to make it possible for my client to change their website (text, but also colors, fontstyles etc) via the front-end only. Also if the homepage is assigned to another template style.

diaz365
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Template settings via the frontend in case of more then one template styles

Post by diaz365 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:56 pm

Joomla is very power full.
you can add a template per link on the menu systems.
red --home
green-- products
blue--- support

it important that think of the menu links.
single article pages
or list of pages
or blog categories etc.
also the menu categories for logic plus tags.

[ redacted ]
Last edited by toivo on Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: self promotion removed - please read the forum rules, available from https://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=65

p-roos
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Template settings via the frontend

Post by p-roos » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:36 am

This is not an answer to my question, but only a way to promote your extension.

My question was :
Why is it not possible to change the template settings via the front-end (instead of the back-end) of the templates which are assigned to a menu-item (but are not the default template).
Is this a bug in Joomla or is it just not possible ?

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”