Swipe gestures: next & previous article

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
tychapogoy
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Swipe gestures: next & previous article

Post by tychapogoy » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:35 pm

Dear users,

Using the protostar template, I wish to implement a swipe left & right gesture detection on a touchscreen to display the next and previous article. The gestures should be only detected in the area of the article. Effectively, add the same action as pressing the next and previous buttons. How can I achieve this, please?

john-doe
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Swipe gestures: next & previous article

Post by john-doe » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:18 pm

tychapogoy wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:35 pm
Dear users,

Using the protostar template, I wish to implement a swipe left & right gesture detection on a touchscreen to display the next and previous article. The gestures should be only detected in the area of the article. Effectively, add the same action as pressing the next and previous buttons. How can I achieve this, please?
Not sure if an extension would do such capability. What it would work might be adding a JS additional script and load it on the template, BUT if you go that way YOU HAVE to duplicate your protostar template since if you update joomla, the template gets overwritten and you might lose those changes.
www.aldemar-hernandez.com - Custom templates and design services.

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”