Need direction on where to change width between main menu and banner advert on my site. Topic is solved

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
wineawards
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Need direction on where to change width between main menu and banner advert on my site.

Post by wineawards » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:10 pm

Several years ago I was very kindly helped by a friend with my site

Code: Select all

www.vivaasiamagazine.com
to make the site scroll up and down while keeping the top banner and logo in place. I have now copied that site over to a new domain and made some changes to create a new site.

www.winelistawards.com
I now want to change the code so that the top navigation buttons (Home, etc) are closer to the top banner advertisement so there is not so much white space. I have played around in the custom.css file but cannot work out which number to change to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have attached two screenshots. One called wrong shows how it is now and the right one shows how I would like it.

Many thanks Jim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Need direction on where to change width between main menu and banner advert on my site.

Post by imanickam » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:51 am

Reviewed the site and I believe that making the following changes would help in what you want to achieve.

In the file custom.css (that is located in the directory \templates\ja_teline_v\css) make the changes as shown below. The changes to be made are shown within the comment (/*...*/) against the css attributes:

(a) Change 1 - Move Menu Upwards

.t3-mainnav {
   margin: 20;

position: relative;
   top: 200px; /* change the value from 200px to 150px */
   width: 100%;
    z-index: 1;
}

(b) Change 2 - Move Slideshow upwards

.t3-wrapper > .main {
	padding-top: 201px; /* change the value from 201px to 151px */
}

Note:
Make sure to take a copy of the file custom.css before editing it.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Translations Coordination Team | Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team

Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

wineawards
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Need direction on where to change width between main menu and banner advert on my site.

Post by wineawards » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:17 pm

Many thanks Imanickam, that worked perfectly. Appreciate your time.

Jim

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”